cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to grab the data from Web Page and send it to SAP using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to grab the exchanges rates from the below link.

http://www.cbr.ru/scripts/XML_daily.asp?date_req=09-06-2011.

This link returns an XML . I need to get the data from this XML page and post it to SAP ECC using PI.

My requirement is that, process should start from the ECC and grabs the data from the web page which gives you the XML and post this data into ECC using PI. We have a RFC written in ECC side to post the data in ECC.

Please help me to identify the adaptor's needed and what should I need to do to initiate the process from ECC.

Would it be a Async or Sync process ?

I would really appreciate the inputs.

Thanks.

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your requirement is very similar to the one specified in this thread:

You can use a unix script to get the file as specified in Michal's blog.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any particular reason that you want to go for a sync process as then you would need to either use a BPM (RFC to BPM where you use sync/async bridge to get the xml file from the specified link and then send the response back to ECC) or go for a synchronous Java proxy on the receiver side which will grab the exchange rates and then map back to the RFC response structure. In this case, you can avoid the BPM.

Else, as mentioned in Michal's blog, you can break it up into 2 seperate scenarios. RFC/Proxy to File and then File to IDoc/RFC/Proxy which will get the exchange rates into ECC.

Another option can be Proxy --> PI --> ECC(IDoc/Proxy/RFC). Here you can grab the exchange rates from the link in your message mapping through a UDF.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiladitya,

Thanks for the reply. It does not matter for me to create an asycn or sync one.

If we use the proxy ->PI-->ECC then what should be the triggering point for the Interface.

I am pretty new to Proxy , if you have any sample for this , would be a great addition for me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to write a report to call the proxy from. Search in SDN and you'll get lots of helpful links on proxy development.

The report can then be scheduled to run as per your requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

So basically I need to write and ABAP proxy which grabs the data from the web page which is in form of XML and send to PI and in PI the receiver side I have a RFC which post the data to ECC.

And I need to write a report which calls the ABAP proxy.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.