cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the default start level of a hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a custom hierarchy created for source system category and while it works fine on the portal the issue we have is that when we first execute the report, it displays the hierarchy at level 2, and we would like to change this to start from level 1. How do we change this ?

Under the data source administration tab, we see that Level 2 is in bold which indicates the start level. We are unable to edit this to change to Level 1.

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so what did they do to resolve it ?

Thanks and regards,

Kaushal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

At the moment there is no mechanism to set the default level in SPM UI. If this is a feature you are looking for I would suggest you to open a feature request or open a customer message and indicate that this is a feature request.

In the mean time you can use the following work around for few reports. When a report is created in design mode select the level at which you want the report to run the hierarchy for using the context menu of the dimension 'Select Start Level' and choose 'Level 01' and once this report is saved. The next time any user executes this report the system will always open the hierarchy at level 01.

This is the only option you have at the moment. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply. I will open a ticket for the same since in BW, having the hierarchy open at a certain level could be defined in the design itself and i do not see any such options in SPM.

Thanks,

Kaushal.