cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow multiple values in a single blank cell in WebI report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working in BO XIR2. I have a scenario as follows.

In a single cell (blank cell from template) i need to display multiple contact persons. When I drag the contact person name into the blank cell, I am getting an error: MULTIVALUE). Please let me know how to use a function so that I can show two or three contact person names in a single blank cell.

I tried to use Replace and Char function as follows to bring Carriage Return functionality to the cell.

Replace([Contact Person]; ";" ; Char(13)) but this did not work.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not possible. a free standing cell cannot display multiple values for an object. alternatively u can use a horizontal table without cell border so that it looks like a single cell.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

BOUser11:

I know this thread has been answered. I recently came across a scenario where I happen to populate multiple values in a single blank cell(from templates). But the only catch being that if user enters multiple values for a prompt you can show them in a single cell eg: =UserResponse("Enter value(s) for Branch:"). would be the formula for the blank cell. Afetr the user selects three values say A, B,C, webi puts it in the format of A;B;C. in a single cell.

In your case try giving that as a prompt to the user or answer that multi prompt some how and when u use the above formula it should suffice your requirement.

Let me know if you have tried.

Thanks,

karthik

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It appears you are wanting to do this in the Webi Designer, moving the thread to that area