cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports kicks me out with a crw32.exe has encountered a problem ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not been successful in getting Crystal Reports XI Rel 2 to work for me, except for one very simple report that accesses one table and simply prints out all fields. When I try to link tables and do something more complicated, it kicks me out with a 'crw32.exe has encountered a problems and needs to close error'.

I am running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3 and using the CR Informix ODBC Driver 5.3 to access data from an Informix DB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Download the Xtreme sample reports and database and try creating a new report off the MDB file:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100005852352008E/cr_xi_xtreme_rep_smpl_en.zip

Create a system DSN called "Xtreme Sample Database 11.5"

Then add another table and see if it still crashes. If so it's not informix causing the problem, if it does work then it's informix. Try using the Informix ODBC driver.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and was able to write a report off the Access test DB. So - I went back and connected to Informix, wrote a report that connected 6 tables and now I get a syntax error (it has not kicked me out yet, though!). I get -201 error with no explanation. Here is the sql generated by CR:

SELECT pallet.pallet_id, item.category_id, item.sub_category_id, category.description, sub_category.description, item.quantity, item.std_cost, sub_category.default_recovery_pct, carton.status, pallet.status, location.location

FROM arc:informix.category category, arc:informix.sub_category sub_category, arc:informix.item item, arc:informix.carton carton, arc:informix.pallet pallet, OUTER arc:informix.location location

WHERE (category.row_key=sub_category.category_key) AND ((category.category_id=item.category_id) AND (sub_category.sub_category_id=item.sub_category_id)) AND (item.carton_key=carton.row_key) AND (carton.pallet_key=pallet.row_key) AND (pallet.location_key=location.row_key) AND category.description<>'Dump' AND (carton.status='CLOS' OR carton.status='PALT') AND (pallet.status='DOCK' OR pallet.status='PUTA')

ORDER BY pallet.pallet_id, item.category_id, item.sub_category_id, category.description, sub_category.description

I don't see a problem with it. Any other suggestions? Do you think the CR has a problem with a table called 'Item' since that is a reserved word?

Edited by: sriewe on Jun 10, 2011 10:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and was able to write a report off the Access test DB. So - I went back and connected to Informix, wrote a report that connected 6 tables and now I get a syntax error (it has not kicked me out yet, though!). I get -201 error with no explanation. Here is the sql generated by CR:

SELECT pallet.pallet_id, item.category_id, item.sub_category_id, category.description, sub_category.description, item.quantity, item.std_cost, sub_category.default_recovery_pct, carton.status, pallet.status, location.location

FROM arc:informix.category category, arc:informix.sub_category sub_category, arc:informix.item item, arc:informix.carton carton, arc:informix.pallet pallet, OUTER arc:informix.location location

WHERE (category.row_key=sub_category.category_key) AND ((category.category_id=item.category_id) AND (sub_category.sub_category_id=item.sub_category_id)) AND (item.carton_key=carton.row_key) AND (carton.pallet_key=pallet.row_key) AND (pallet.location_key=location.row_key) AND category.description'Dump' AND (carton.status='CLOS' OR carton.status='PALT') AND (pallet.status='DOCK' OR pallet.status='PUTA')

ORDER BY pallet.pallet_id, item.category_id, item.sub_category_id, category.description, sub_category.description

I don't see a problem with it. Any other suggestions?

btw: after I got the -201, then CR kicked me out with crw32.exe

0 Kudos

The error is generated by Informix, CR is simply passing the error message to you. Search Informix's forums or help file to determine what the issue is. I did a google search and found this link:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21229757&wv=1

I don't know if it's related or not. Try copying the SQL and use a third party tool to run the SQL to see if it works for you and then modify if need be. Then create a new report and use a Command Object and paste in the SQL. CR should just pass the SQL to the DB as is.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)