cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 million records in a repository. Possible?

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client wants to load appx 40 million records in a material repository. SAP has tested out material repository with just 1 million records. Is it even possible to load these many records? Has anyone done anything like this before and would like to share their experience?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

We loaded more than 2M record with complex structure into a repository but some tulple and Qualified table has more than 10M records.

I think the structure of repository and business scenario is more important than the number of records.

Best regards,

Chang Young

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Any response from SAP would be much appreciated. I have never come across an MDM project loading more than a million records in the repository. 40 million is a big deal. Please let me know if there are specific guidelines to handle this kind of volume.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mdm3north

Are you sure that 40 millions is really clear records and don't contain duplicates?

I dont have imagination how somebody will be work with

However as i know from my past expirience:

Usually all material area splited by some logical groups and some persons are working just with one group of materials

One of solution may be split materials by logical groups and create own repository for each logical group.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if even SAP can tell you this !

but on the records volume part i believe - more important here would be to have the required hardware (memory, processor) being followed as per the sizing guidelines.

hth

thanks

-Adrivit