cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterial material Count twice in a inventory record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We want to enter the material count more than one time in a physical inventory count (WM physical inventory). Material is physically present at different locations in one bin and we want to enter the count by location into a empty bin. Once the count is entered we will write off the original bin. Currently if you enter the same material more than once it is taking the last entry only, Is there a way to enter the same material twice in a inventory record. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jags,

as far as I know there is not a standard function like the one you are looking for, anyway I don't really understand the requirement: if the material is physically located into several different bins and you want to inventory the total amount for the material, you should count all bins containing that specific material, which is the standard (not only Sap) process.

I had your same requirement for an IM warehouse: so no WM bins on the system, but physically existing in the warehouse, and the need was to get the total quantity for a material, and we had to develop Z programs.

Good luck.

Enrico