cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change properties of Roles in Abap web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need to hid or unhide a role based on a condition in my abap web dynpro.

Can anyone please update me how I can access it from abap web dynpro.

Is there an API call from abap to set or reset the invisible in navigation area value in portal?

Regards,

Dale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know there is no such API for WDA and portal integration. You can send a portal event from WDA but you need someone in the Poral to listen to this event and calls the java api's eventually to manipulate the Top Level navigation/detail level navigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Interesting, I was wondering if to update properties of roles every user will need 'Content Admin Role'.

Regards,

Dale

Former Member
0 Kudos

To update the properties of Roles, you need authorization i guess. You can see if you are able to do a user mapping between the user and the used who is authorized for Role changes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I honestly don't think this is possible... I've never heard of Portal eventing being able to manipulate the Portal's Identity Management (which the visibility of Top-Level Navigation eventually depends on).

Can you elaborate on what exactly you are trying to accomplish? Maybe there are other approaches possible!

regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

This is what we want:

When user logs in, he has to provide further verifications before he is given access to hir roles.

The verifications are done in an abap web dynpro iview. I need to call the url of the abap web dynpro iview after the user has hit login and before he has access to his roles.

Currently I am trying to update the masthead jsp and calling the abap web dynpro, just got that working, not sure if this is the best way of doing it as I am updating the default framework page.

Regards,

Dale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Portal event can't itself be able to manipulate the UME. I agree on that. Portal event is just a messenger in this case. The point is to call some custom j2ee service or portal service which would call the Portal API .

You are right in the sense, even after you receive a portal event , will you be able to call the Portal API with right permission to rebuild the TLN/DLN ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

End of days play, this is what I was able to achieve.

Realised the masthead jsp is the best place to call my abap web dynpro as it is just after the login and at the load of default framework page.

I was able to call my abap web dynpro and on success, I am calling the homepage role.

What I have done in the jsp is written an if else statement:

1) If it is the first call to the jsp call my abap web dynpro in navigation mode 3. This ensures the roles are not visible and the redirection works before the page loads.

2) Else load the framework page as usual.

The only issue I have at this point is, I cannot depend on the first visit of the user.

I need to know in the jsp where the call to jsp is coming from, if it is coming from login page, i will direct the user to WDA else if the call is from my WDA, the normal load should work.

It would be ideal if my abap web dynpro could write something in the http header which the jsp could read as success. Still close but dont have the solution working yet

Regards,

Dale

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have done a good job to arrive where you are now. I am not sure how to advice you about your JSP problem .

You have access to IPortalRequest from your JSP. Are you not able to find out the info you needed based on the servlet request object (HttpServletRequest).