cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to carry out Stock Posting and Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I do MIGO (Good Receipt ) for an externally procured non batch managed material, an inspection lot is generated, I can see this lot when I execute QA32, but i am unable to do either Results Recording, stock posting or UD from QA32 for this lot.

On clicking on Results button in QA32, I get the pop up "Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 010000000003".

Also on clicking on UD button within QA32, I get a Status Check Error'' pop up with the message ''The function you selected cannot be carried out: Access Usage Decision.

Also on carrying out subsequent Goods Receipt (migo) for this same material, the Inspection lot number does not change, it remains 010000000003 while the Lot Quantity increases (that is adds up).

Please what settings do I need to do?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the system status of the inspection lot starts with CRTD? If so, then there are three possibilities: 1) you have not defined inspection plan for the material, 2) there are two inspection plans in place for the material with same validity period, 3) The usage of inspection plan is different

For reason 1: Create an inspection plan for the material, validy period should be on or before lot creation date

For reason 2: Go to QA02 specification tab, and select one inspection plan using drop down search option

For reason 3: Suppose you find your inspection plan is having usage 3 and in QA02 you can see the usage is 5 in specification tab. So in QA02 change the usage to 5 and enter, system finds inspection plan. But do take care of the usage conflict for future reference.

I hope your problem gets solved here.

Now for second part, Access QM view of material master and see what is the setting for inspection control in the bottom right side of the window for inspection set up. I think you are maintaining "'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item/order item", thats why you are getting one lot for a one PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I changed the inspection control setting to ''For Each Material Document Item'' and I got the desired result which is: separate inspection lots for each Goods Receipt. And the desired system status of REL CALC SPRQ for each inspection lot.

Thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check the quality plan created for the material. Also check the usage in the quality plan maintained.

Thanks

Sachin