Did you mean: 

Dialog Install Virtual Linux X86_64, CIDB HP-UX Oracle ABAP+JAVA : java eng

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing a:

- Dialog Instance VM (Vmware) Linux X86_64 server

That will connect to a:

-Central Instance/Database server running on an HP-UX ia64 server with

Oracle 10.2.4.0; the CIDB is a ABAP+JAVA stack.

Our environment on the CI/DB is SAP ERP 6.0 (Support Stack 20). I

understand from the installation guide:

SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 - Installation Documentation - SAP ERP 6.0 SR3

ABAP+Java on Linux: Oracle

that I need to install this dialog server as an ABAPJava. I followed the ERP High Avail install option in order to locate the option to install a dialog server as ABAPJAVA.

I have tried to install this environment on our Virtual Linux server; the ABAP instance installs but the Java Engine does not install.

Is the HA option I selected in the sapinst menu the correct one in order to install a Dual Stack Dialog Instance?

I can provide more information if required.

Sincerely,

Laurie

JDK: 1.4.2 IBM amd64-142.

Linux tdclxsap1 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Mar 18

12:42:39 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Central Instance/Database Server - HP-UX B.11.23 U

ia64 1076861146 unlimited-user license

Oracle DB: 10.2.4.0

DVD'S used:

51040125_7.ZIP: NW 7.0 SR3 INST MAST. LINUX X86_64 64BIT F. Oracle 10.2/11.2

51033508_1.ZIP: NW 7.9 SR3 KERNEL ON X86_64 64BIT

51033272.ZIP: Oracle 10.2 client

51033513 - NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 JAVA BASED SW COMP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Update on my install from months back :)SAP INSTALLER: SAP Systems->Oracle->High Avail System->Based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA (Dialog Instance)

I was able to install the dialog server (even though I could not get the sapinst to complete successfully.) The install would stop at the starting the JAVA instance; install did start the ABAP instance. (prior to the installation of the diagnostics system). I stopped the install; shutdown the ABAP instance, startsap -> then both JAVA and ABAP engined started.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> that I need to install this dialog server as an ABAPJava. I followed the ERP High Avail install option in order to locate the option to install a dialog server as ABAPJAVA.

As of SR3 dual stack instances are no more supported. You'll need to use the SR2 DVD and patch the kernel appropriately.

Heterogeneous Java installations can be a pain because the Java parameters are different (HP-UX use the HP JDK (Sun) whereas Linux uses the IBM JDK).

I would refrain from doing such complex installations and rather install ABAP + Java separately (on the same machine but with different SIDs).

Markus

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Markus.

Would you recommend installing just an ABAP instance and not a dual stack for our VM dialog instance. The JAVA engine is not really required on our application/dialog servers at this point.

Thanks,

Laurie

0 Kudos

2nd Question: According to the installation guide I listed above, Page 105 states the Dialog Instance: You cannot install the Java Add-in for existing ABAP dialog instance(s). Instead, you have to install new ABAP+Java dialog instance(s). I'm confused on whether a dual stack can be installed in this environment.

Thanks,

Laurie