cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with preview of output in ad-hoc query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

We are facing some strange problem with ad-hoc query.

When we choose personnel number (value and text), personnel area (value and text) and company code (value and text) for example, and when we refresh preview of output, the text is missing in column PA (it shows only 2 instead of 4 characters), the same is with CoCo and the text is also shorter then it should be.

And if we go to output mode everything is ok, can you please tell me what could be the trouble with preview of output because lots of users use preview instead of output.

Thank you.

Romano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AFS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to use an infoset in the ad-hoc query, an internal structure is generated which has the maximum length of 65535 characters (because of technical reasons).

So that we can use as many infosets in the ad-hoc area as it is possible (also the big ones) SAP colleagues developed an automatism which reduces the length of the char fields in the preview area.

The preview is based on this structure so if it is too long the system will reduce the char fields.( You have the possibility to reduce the infoset. )

Also, the correct output is not affected, anyway!

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

thank you for helpful answer, what did you mean by reducing infoset, did you mean to remove some infotypes from infoset?

Thanks.

Regards,

Romano

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check what version support pack your on - I believe there was a note relating to this (going by my memory here).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

it' strange that some of infosets are ok and some are not.

We are on version 5.0. SAP_HR 500 0061