Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Interface to Multiple RFC

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I need a little help in one of my Interface. I have a SOAP to RFC Sync interface. Request will come via SOAP and can be sent to a single RFC or Multiple RFC's based upon certain condition(xPath) (all RFC's are on the same ECC System), we also need to send the response from RFC's back to SOAP. Now below are my questions:

1. I believe i can handle this via Conditional Interface Determination ( there is no need for Conditional Receiver determination), please confirm

2. Since i have to send response from multiple RFC's back to SOAP, will correlation need to be maintained, thus having to use BPM or in this case BPM is not required. Please advise.

Thanks

Saif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1. I believe i can handle this via Conditional Interface Determination ( there is no need for Conditional Receiver determination), please confirm

Handle multimapping via BPM. Since you expect response from multiple RFCs conditional interface determination might not solve your problem.

>>2. Since i have to send response from multiple RFC's back to SOAP, will correlation need to be maintained, thus having to use BPM or in this case BPM is not required. Please advise

Since you depend synchronous response from different target systems, you need to use BPM. No other option.

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Response Baskar,

>>Since you depend synchronous response from different target systems

Thats the doubt i have, i don't depend on different target systems. My target business system is same ECC, its just that i have to call different BAPI's on the same ECC system and sen their response back to SOAP.

Thanks

Saif

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I understood is that you collect all the RFC responses from different BAPIs and map those responses altogether into a soap response. So basically you have to collect the messages and map to sender as per your requirement. So Still BPM is required.

If you send the response each seperate back to SOAP then you can consider doing without BPM.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to handle this requirement would be write one customized BAPI in and call original BAPI based on request,then get the response,in this case the logic works in ECC end only you can avoid d burden on server like using BPM.

else you have to develop multiple operations mappings ,it depends on number of BAPI's you want to call,then write a condition in Interface determination which operation mapping program you want to execute then response will be send to SOAP.

But the point here is what about response structure for other BAPI's,if it is different then you have to create SOAP Response structure such a way that it should handle all BAPI response structures.

Regards,

Raj

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response guys,

There is a slight change in my requirement. Below is what we have.

I will get a single Message(single line item) via SOAP, i need to check some condition in xpatch (based upon source XML), and route the messages to either RFC_1 or RFC_2, i do not need to call both the RFC's at the same time. RFC_1 or RFC_2 will send the response which will be sent back to SOAP system.

In light of these changes, can i use Conditional Interface Determination and also avoid BPM?

Please advise

Thanks

Saif

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , you can try condition interface determination,i think it should work.

But make sure that your SOAP response structure should handle both RFC structures.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you only need to call one of the 2 RFC's and there is no need to collect the response, conditional Interface Determination will work for your scenario.

As already mentioned by Raja Sekhar Reddy above, make sure that your SOAP response message handles both the RFC responses.

Regards

Answers (0)