cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent Characteristic specs in inspection plan for customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using concept of dependent characteristics in inspection plan but it is not behaving as per out requirement.

Let me explain in details.

We manufacture one material say MAT123 for which we have certain MICs.

The range of MIC is different for different customers.

Say for customer XYZ the lower limit is 4.5, target is 4 and upper is 5.0.

For customer ABC the lower limit is 6.5, target is 7 and upper is 8.0.

For customer PQR the lower limit is 9.5, target is 10 and upper is 10.5.

I have created inspection plan (inspection type 4) for this material 'MAT123'.

I have created material assignment for every customer.

Then in inspection overview I have maintained the limits in dependent characteristics specs tab for every material assignment entry.

Ours is MTO scenario. So when the GRN is done against the production order which is created through sales order (customer PQR) we get the inspection lot (inspection type 4).

Now when I am going for result recording I can see that the material specifications (limits) have been copied from the first material assignment which is meant for customer XYZ when actually it has to be for customer PQR.

Am I doing something wrong? I have thought of some alternatives like maintaining sepaarte group counters for every customer but the process wouldn't be automatic and lit needs ot of manual intervention which might lead to mistakes.

I need automatic material specification selection for the inspection lot, by system, depending upon the material assignment in the inspection plan.

Awaiting lightening response on this.

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now when I am going for result recording I can see that the material specifications (limits) have been copied from the first material assignment which is meant for customer XYZ when actually it has to be for customer PQR.

This comment was a tad confusing to me. Do you have material/ customer assignments in the plan header or just materials? It almost sounds like you have separate materials for each customer. Instead of one material assigned to a material/customer combination in the plan header.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work, Can you tel us the exact steps you are following? Using CWBQM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarnali,

I am doing all the settings in QP01/QP02 itself. So didn't use CWBQM.

I guess QP01/QP02 and CWBQM is having the same objective, only thing is CWBQM is for mass processing.

Any other input?

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you brief the config steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarnali,

I haven't done any specific configuration for this.

Are you refering to multiple specifications then yes configuration is required for that.

I am trying to use the concept of dependent characteristics specification which is normally avaliable in ECC without any special configuration.

It requires master data settings which I have done and explained you earlier.

Amazing thing is, the specifications for the first material assignemnt settings get copied to inspection lots created for other material assignment settings for inspection type 04.

For 89, it's working absolutely fine.

Please help to tackel this.

Do I need to go for sepearte group counter for every customer and use the enhancement QPAP0002 to achieve this?

If it's so then I would say that dependent char. specs. functionality doesn't work the way we need.............

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After lot of testing and research I conclude that the my requirement for inspection type 04 can not be fullfilled by dependent characteristics alone.

This works fine with other inspection types like 06, 10, 11 etc.

I will have to go for separate group counters and along with that the enhancement QPAP0002 will have to be used (making use of sort field in material assignment screen).

I shall update you on that. Till then I close this thread.

Mimiri