Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi Extension Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have done an append structure in EKPO with currency field as per client requirement.

Now when i try to use the extension parameters to fill the Value in EXTENSIONIN parameter it is giving me error saying source and destination data type not matching. Is this because the BAPIPAREX has VALUEPART1 as char.

Is there any way around to accomodate currency field and BAPI working for the same.

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Although it's refered to SD, see SAP Note 143580 - Information on SD BAPIs and customer enhancement concept. The EXTENSION only works for fields that will be character.

Regards

Eduardo

6 REPLIES 6

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Although it's refered to SD, see SAP Note 143580 - Information on SD BAPIs and customer enhancement concept. The EXTENSION only works for fields that will be character.

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the information.

We managed to have type currency on screen and pass it to type character in the Back End.

But is this a limitation in SAP that we cannot do extension with type other than character...

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the information.

We managed to have type currency on screen and pass it to type character in the Back End.

But is this a limitation in SAP that we cannot do extension with type other than character...

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try passing the currency field data into a character field and then passing to the extension table.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

We did it this way:

But somehow cannot have anyother data type other than char in the Extension..!

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.