cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 9.7 export - import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm making an export-import of a database and I appreciate that a table (BSIS) that was previously partitioned, now is not partitioned anymore.

Is there any way to get it partitioned as it was previously, during the export-import process?

regards,

Filipe Vasconcelos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers!

I've clarified my doubt.... it's not compatible. That's all I had to know.

regards,

Filipe Vasconcelos

donald_voorhees
Participant
0 Kudos

You can choose to implement MDC and user the SMIGR report to set this up and retain the perform ace of partitioning.

When defining the variables, chose RP_TO_MDC in the DB type dialog box.

johannes_heinrich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Filipe,

I assume you are talking about table partitioning and you perform a system copy as described in SAPs system copy guides. The report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL is used to produce the DDL statements for tables with specific storage settings in the source system. These statements will be later applied in the target system by the system copy procedure.

This report currently does not support table partitioning. We will work on this and enhance this report so that range partitioned tables during a homogeneous system copy (from DB2 LUW to DB2 LUW) will be supported as well.

In the mean time, a solution would be as follows:

- You extract the CREATE TABLE statement in the source system with the help of the db2look command.

- You enter the PARTITION BY RANGE clause (and possibly other non-standard setting) of the table DDL in SAP transaction SE14 as described in the document [Using DB2 for Linux, Windows, and UNIX Table Partitioning in SAP Systems|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903ba655-0fbb-2c10-cabc-a1bc8352db27].

- You perform an online table move using the newest version of DB6CONV.

If you placed the partitions in seperate tablespaces you need to take care about the affected tablespaces.

Regards,

Johannes

Edited by: Johannes Heinrich on Jun 9, 2011 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Those note and document you provide me, are those I used to make the partioning.

The problem is after an export-import, the table partitioned earlier gets without partitions.

regards,

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Filipe,

i believe SAP export/import with R3load don't support partition table.

Best regards,

Joachim

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use

note:1379362 and the following SDN article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/db6?rid=/library/uuid/903ba655-0fbb-2c10-

cabc-a1bc8352db27

Is the source system still availbale for you to check the table definition?

Regards,

Paul