cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel management - Expense report - Internal/External participants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working on travel management - portal developments. Standard webdynpro components are modified as per the client's requirement. 'Employee Meals - Travel' is an expense type we can create under expense report. While entering 'Employee Meals - Travel' expense details we need to enter participant details. Participants types will be Internal and External.

If we select participant type External; first name, last name, cadre and company fields will be enabled to enter the details and personnel number will be disabled. IF we select participant type Internal; all fields will be disable except personnel number. If we choose any personnel number, first name, last name, cadre and company fields will be populated automatically.

Now, the requirement is to enable first name, last name, cadre and company fields for internal participants also. So that user can modify the details after selecting the personnel number.

Please let me know if this is possible and how.

Thanks,

Siva Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know what application this is so I can't tell you for 100% certain. But in general, what you describe you want to accomplish should be possible. If the respective fields which you want to have enabled for internals are regular UI-Elements, you should be able altering their properties (i.e. enabled = x for example) via altering the UI-propierties dynamically in runtime. You can do this by:

1. Getting a reference of the respective View in WDDOMODIFYVIEW by enhancing it and save the reference into a global public attribute reference of the comp controller.

2. Create a custom event, downcast the view reference for the required elements and set them enabled

Or

Search for the event which determines the Facilitation (enablement) of the respective UI-elements and modify/enhance is per your requirements.

This won't solve your problem right away I wager, but you'll get a grip what you can do about it and yes, it certainly is possible 😜

regards, Lukas