cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing question

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am usually using CK40N and KKPAN for future cost if the current standard cost already exists.

Otherwise, MR21 is used to cost some products without current cost and stock.

Would you let me know if there is any other way to recost materials with current stock and standard cost for current month rather than MR21?

Regards,

Lucky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MR21 is used to change the price in material master (depending on your price control) but its not a tool for plan cost estimation. If a plan cost estimate is released for a given period you cannot change the price using MR21, the only way is to delete the current plan cost estimate (CKR1) and create/release another cost estimate (in your case KKPAN).

But deletion of released plan cost estimates can cause follow-up-problems (depending on your business case) so I don't suggest you to do so.

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Ok I understood what you told, that means MR21 is only used for chaging the price before release?

I went through documentation available at my company is says the below.

MR21 is used to update the moving average cost in the material master. This is for special exceptions ONLY. Material cost should be set up as an initial estimate with the moving average automatically updated through Goods Receipt or Invoice Receipt. This transaction may also be used when clearing the Accrued Liability accounts.

Can you help me to understand this?

Regards,

Lucky.