Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for material group

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring account determination for material groups. What I have seen is that I can have one G/L account determined per material group depending on the valuation class assigned to the material group. Now this G/L acount also varies according to the account assignment category assigned in the PO. The system basically picks the consumption account in OBYC assigned to GBB - XYZ combination where XYZ is the account modifier asigned to the account assignment category in the PO.

Now what my client wants to understand is that why is it so that in SAP, G/L account determination depends on account assignment category in PO like sales order (E), project (Q or N), cost center (K) etc. What is the business logic for this?

They want to determine G/L accounts depending on whether a material/service is procured internally (from a group company) or externally (from an external vendor). Is this possible in SAP standard way?

Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic behind for G/L account determination depends on account assignment category in PO like sales order (E), project (Q or N), cost center (K) etc -->is so to capture cost related to respective cost object (Eor Q or K) with a G/L account( cost element).

G/L accounts depending on a material/service group can be done and ssignment is in OMQW t.code.

Check SAP note: 64204

Regards,

Biju K

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Split Valuation here. But in that case you will have to maintain the material master record.

In case of split valuation you can valuate your materials based on the procurement type. First define the valuation category. Then, you will have to define two valuation types internal and external procurement.

Thus, you will be able to assign separate valuation class for each valuation type, plant and material combination.

Also, coming to your question why G/L account determination depends on account assignment category in PO.

The answer is that one of the feature of Account Assignment is that it determines who will incur the cost of procuring the goods.

If you are using account assignment categories like sales order (E), project (Q or N), cost center (K) then SAP books the cost against the G/L accounts mentioned against these objects. This means that the Procured material are consumed by these objects.

In general purchase order without account assignment goods receipt is posted into stock and stock accounts are updated. This stock is available for use (i.e not consumed) for materials planning, production, reservation

However, in account assigned POs consumption accounts are updated and the stock is considered as consumed

Regards,

Niranjan