cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make specific workitems to disappear from UWL approver list in porta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement in portal that in my approver list i usaualy get leave requests, travel requests for approval.

But nowadays SD related approval requests are also appearing which are available in my business workplace inbox.

It means in my business workplace in R/3 what all the workflows are availble they are appearing in the portal which i don't require. I want only leave requests and travel requests other requests i have to approve from my business workplace .

How can i restrict that unwanted tasks from uwl config file .

I found the related task id in UWL standard config file .

I have downloaded the file into my desktop and removed that particular id and renamed and uploaded the new one with high priority .

But after performing these changes i still found that they are still appearing and it is taking the values from the standard file .so i thought of removing the standard config file but it is not getting removed.

Can anybody tell me how to overwrite the standard file with my customised one ..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you see under the UWL support information for these items ?

(I hope you know how to turn on support information for UWL)

Please check what values are showing up for the properties "Item Type" and "External Item Type" in the support information.

To hide you can try some thing like the following:

Create a new XML configuration file and upload it into your UWL configuration (without adapting to any system).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd'
  >
<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">
  <ItemTypes>
    <ItemType name="uwl.HideThisTask.TS999999" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">
      <ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS999999" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
    </ItemType>
      </ItemTypes>
</UWLConfiguration>

So, any item type that UWL doesn't support is configured (uwl.HideThisTask.TS999999 here) UWL simply should ignore it and hide it in the UWL view.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you shanti

This solved my problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnakk,

I have written a note on how to do this: 1437432 - Please have a look at this SAP Note and let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant II

AGS Primary Support

Global Support Centre Ireland

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***