cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass Non-restricting Characteristic Value Variables to WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a question regarding the transfer of BEx variables to WAD. I have defined a restricting characteristic value variable based on 0CALMONTH in the filter pane. User will only need to provide a value for calendar month (e.g. 02.2011). However, I need to display the start and end date for this month (e.g. 01.02.2011 - 28.02.2011) in WAD. Since I do not have this date variable in the filter, I tried to create a dummy structure selection with a date variable based on 0CALDAY, hoping that I could display the date with Info Web Item in WAD. Nevertheless, the date variable is still not available in WAD.

In summary, I want to know how can I transfer characteristic value variables which are not used in the filter pane to WAD.

Could anyone please shed a light on this issue?

Thanks,

Joon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joon,

There are couple of ways to fulfill your requirement.

1) Create two Replacement path text variable in query designer with below setting and then use it in query description or column description based on filter value.

Variable - Characteristic - Replacement path-Infoobject - From/To

Caldayfrom - 0Calday - 0Calday - From

Caldayto - 0calday- 0calday - to

2) Create one customer exit variable on calendar day, which populates first date of month and last date of month by using calmonth value.

Please let me know if you have any problem with above two solution.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

thanks for your quick reply. To your suggestions:

1. Did you mean a workaround by using a text variable of a query description? This text variable will be visible in WAD then. Am I right?

2. Could you please explain where should I place the customer exit variable? I have previously created a customer exit variable on calendar day as well but I do not know how to make it available in WAD without either using it as global filter or default values. The requirement is that I should only use 0CALMONTH in the global filter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

seems like the solutions are not working for me. What I want to achieve is to display different texts on anywhere in a Web Template with Info Web Item, as illustrated below:

-

Report XXX

-

Time Period: {01.02.2011 - 28.02.2011}

Customer Name: {John Doe}

Address: {Hollywood Street 235a}

Those values in bracket {} are record fields from the result row. Since I am getting records for only ONE customer with this query, the requirement is to display the customer master data in the header. The problem is that it is not possible to access the data fields directly in WAD, so I thought I could use characteristic value variable as a workaround.

Is that possible to achieve this? I have tried for hours but without success

Regards,

Joon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any updates on this issue?

Regards,

Joon