cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script Printing Italic Letters Irrespective of Paragraph Formats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue with SAP Script which is a delivery output. When I issue the output the Items details are

printing in the "ITALICS" irrespective of the paragraph format which I have assigned and which is not

italics though.

Please help.

Regards,

Jibin Kuttappan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Occasionally there are some strange results due to buffered data for the fonts. Try running report RSTXDELL with default settings except '*' in the client field to refresh the cached data. After this, create a new spool and chcek the result.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sure you might have taken care of the below points, but still check if you are missing from any one of the below points.

1) Since SAPscript is client dependent, make sure that the script changes that you have done are copied into your testing client before you test .

2) As suggested in the above replies, there are changes that the paragraph format of the section just before printing of these line items is being carried forward while printing your next line.

3) Just check once, what is the default paragraph format that you are using for this SAPscript.

4) Just check in your driver program, just before calling the line items, you might have the code to print the header for that line items meaning

Material Material Description.........etc

So possibility is that since the header is not available, it is considering the first line item as your header.

5) And last solution, but not the least is, instead of writing the command for printing the line items directly in the SAPscript, just create one standard text for printing the line item and call that standard text in your SAPscript. (a bit awkward solution, but might work out well for you).

Hope any of the above points work out well for you.

BR,

RInkesh Doshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

to be honest i cant really believe that, but well you wont lie to us since there wouldnt be much sense in it.

Are you maybe using character formats?

Those are actually more powerful than paragraph formats.

Only other thing i could think of is that you picked a font that is italic on itself, tho you dont really see this a lot nowadays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply.Well, its unbelievable. I have assigned a paragraph format where italics is not enabled. Also, have a character format which is not assigned to that particular line where I am getting the italics line. At the same time when I run this delivery output I am getting this italics in the first line of Item and the remaining items are displayed normally without Italics. Also, I have the Std font attributes where Italics is not enabled too.

Eg:This is how it comes in the output.

Item, Material, Description, Qty, Serial Number.

1 mat001 Material1 2 56444

2 mat002 Material2 1 43345

3 mat003 Material3 1 45677

4 mat004 Material4 3 88765

Warm Regards,

Jibin Kuttappan.

Edited by: jibinkk on Jun 8, 2011 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This might be a bit unrealistic solution, but what you can do is, even though your paragraph format is not containing Italics attribute, create one additional character format say CZ. Let us assume that your current paragraph format for printing line items is PZ.

Now give the font attirbutes and size for this character format.

And now while printing in the SAPscript use the following command : -

PZ | <CZ>POSNR,, MATNR,, MAKTX,,QTY,,SERIAL </>.

Try the above solution and let us know if it works out for you.

Thanks,

Rinkesh Doshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

right that is REALLY strange, if your item_line procession brings out two different styles...

Did you debug the form once? Are you sure the first item gets printed with the same line of your script than the others?

And yeah did you make an acutal printout or do you just view the print preview?

Print preview does not always look like the actualy print out, especially when using printers like LOCL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinkesh,

Thanks for your reply. I tried creating a character format and gave the command as you have advised. I still face the same problem. I tried changing the attribute of Line Item paragraph format to italics to check if all turning into Italics but it does not have any effect. Only the first line is coming in Italics.

Warm Regards,

Jibin Kuttappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I debugged the code it shows the same Paragraph format. They are printing in the same line.Also, I made an actual print out its reflects the same problem.

Warm Regards,

Jibin Kuttappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm well, i guess you dont want to hear this but i´m actually running out of ideas on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have an character format open from previous lines? Could be in the MAIN window or another window. I have seen it cause this type of result. You would have to search through the SAPscript layout set.

Meaning....

<B><I>&LIPS-MATNR&<</> 

or

<I>&LIPS-MATNR&

Having trouble showing exactly what I mean. Sometimes you use more than one character format on a line but forget one of the terminator commands.

-Norm