cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify employee data by trx PA40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I modify a Personnel no. data of an employee ?

I tried by trx PA 40 but system cannot allow it. I can only modify "reason for action" field

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thru the PA40 you can run an action.

to change of any master date u need to use PA30.

Thru PA41 you can change the Date of joining of EE.

What is your exact requirement?

please mention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the employee is leaving but I don't want to delete from SAP I want to modify by PA41 the validity period that is actually 31.12.9999 and I want to select "Leaving" in field "action type" and "Withdrawn" in field "Employment"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the leaving action is run the details can be changed at that time.

If the configuration is done for Employment type and Customer specific status, It will automatically pick up the withdrawn as a value.

Please let me know if the leaving action was run and if the changes were made at that time.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you go into PA40 and execute the termination/ Leaving action. It will delimit the IT0000(for the current action and create new wilth leaving) and other relevant wage type as per the country employee belongs to. For that may be you need to check the infogroup you have maintained for the leaving action.

PA41 will not help in this case. PA41is used for the change of entry/ leaving date if you have already performed this action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the config for the same in table T529A and V_529A_B. This will automatically give the necessary status as soon as you run the actions.

Please check if it helps.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

Edited by: Jailakshmi on Jun 8, 2011 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to configure an action called Separation and give the status Withdrawn to it and also a reason for action which you can choose while running the action.

Accordingly please configure the infogroup for the action and how do they act on this action.

Delimiting the IT0008 & IT0000 should not be done.

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to use PA40, selecting as Action type "Leaving" but fields "Personnel area", "EE group" and "EE subgroup" don't allow selections

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to select those all for leaving as for terminated emp organizational assignment doesn't make any sense.

Employee will remain in same PA, EG & ESG where he was before termination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change in those fields will not matter as the employee is leaving the organization. His data should remain unchanged for the records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I set Leaving by trx PA30

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally you should have tried with PA40 as it make sure of whole process step by step. If you will do it via PA30 then you need to delimits infotypes (espically country specific) manually by going 1 by 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should run the Leaving action from PA40 which will automatically change all the necessary infotypes and complete your process.

Doing it through PA30 will mean you are changing each infotype which is not of use as the employee is leaving and all infotypes need not be changes.

Please check.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is alwasy good to go with PA40...........since the Personnel action for leaveing / Termination contains the infogroups which is relevant so there will be no confusion while perfroming the process which we cannot perform properly thoruh PA30

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Modify tthe other data from PA30 But once a PERNR is created it cant be changed.

Can you please explain what exactly do you want to change?

Regards,

Jailakshmi

Edited by: Jailakshmi on Jun 8, 2011 2:16 PM