Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mii transport using NWDI

florin_stoian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to find how the transport of MII content is working using NWDI.

1. Is MII integration with NWDI for MII projects only DTR based??

after i modify a project i can't see anywhere that i have pending activities and my SC needs to be rebuild again in order to generate the SCA file.

Source Control->Show activation request which is specified in documentation doesn't even exist.

2. how do i transport with NWDI "processing rule editor"

3. how do i transport with NWDI "data servers??"

For 2,3 at least i would like to have the possibility to manually create a request and attach the files exported to this request.

i'm not taking about any dcs created with nwds which i know very well how to transport with nwdi

Regards,

Florin

ps: i'm running 12.1.7.4

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florin

There is no way to transport Processing Rules and Data Servers in MII 12.1 and MII 12.2. NWDI integration is only for code objects and hence does not include objects created outside the MII Workbench or items that are considered configuration.

With MII 14.0 there is a possibility that this might get solved and Configuration transport might be available. Please wait till MIi 14.0 is available.

Regards

Partha

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Is there a way to transport data present in MDO from one MII instance to another?

Thanks,

Dipankar

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Is there any way to transport only the changes (impacted files) to target environment using CTS+. It must automatically select the modified objects/files and do the transport. We used to do activity wise transport in MII 12.1 using NWDI where we check out the files/object against an activity. After that we release the activity and transport. I am looking a transport like that.

Thanks

Shaji

florin_stoian
Explorer
0 Kudos

i found the answer for 1, integration has to be in extend mode.

Florin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

You can transport "Scheduler" and Project Specific "Navigation" only with the code using NWDI in the current release of MII and rest of the configuration transport might be available in MII 14.0

Regards,
Suman