Data visualization scenario
I need to say that I don't have much expertise in xMII. I came upon following task. I need to pick up data (text) files from ftp were they appear on regular basis (say every 1 hour or so). All the data in them is in typical form (let's say its a volume of transported gas for the time period). So i need MII to pickup that data and visualize it with some chart or animated object in web interface. Please suggest the most suitable scenario to do that (i mean what action blocks should i choose to build transaction).
Thanks in advance!
Edited by: Piotr Manastyrny on Jun 8, 2011 2:04 PM
Adarsh Sidnoor replied
Possible File Fetch steps:
1) Use FTP Get List to get list of available Files
2) Use FTP Input to fetch the file from FTP server and then store it locally (could be MII work bench or MII server)
3) Use Text Loader to load the file which is stored locally
There are many ways you can achieve this, one possible way could be
1) Once you have the document ready Create a xml type output Transaction property (output variable) and map document output to this property
2) Create a Xacute Query template and map this BLS transaction
3) Create a Display template (choose chart or grid as per your requirement) map the Xacute Query template and to refresh the chart dynamically set the auto refresh option on display template to refresh chart with fresh data at regular intervals.
4) Use these query and display templates on your web page via applet tag
Hope this helps!!