Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Quite question.

I just create a production order with 4 operation, and the third operation having a control key of PP02 (i.e. external subcon), and a PIR without a material has been maintain and place in this operation.

The creation of the production order is successfully creating the PR which I can see in the production order screeen. The PR having a account assingment of F, and item category of L.

The following are two questions:

1 - Why in the MD04 for this material and this plant is unable to see the Purchasing Requisition?

2 - While creating a PO with ME58 (PR to PO conversion), the system comnplains that a BOM component must be entered. However, our business process does not require component send to the vendor, because the vendor will have to come to our store to perform the service. How to surpress BOM component (i.e make it not require) in PO creation?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- You will not see it in MD04, because it is operation sub-contracting and not MM subcontracting

- Uncheck the checkbox in operation for subcontracting & remove the L indicator in PR.

To know the difference b/n the two search this forum or MM forum and also read SAP help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

with regards to you answer, i have some questions:

- You will not see it in MD04, because it is operation sub-contracting and not MM subcontracting

>> My question ==> The MD04 not able to show the PR is it because that the PR is a service purchasing (i.e. without material) or is it because what you mention?

- Uncheck the checkbox in operation for subcontracting & remove the L indicator in PR.

>> My question ==> is it a standard SAP that as long as subcontracting (regardless MM or PP), it MUST have a component rights because of the item category L, am I correct?

Others,

Please help chips in our discussion. Thanks

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes to both

Answers (0)