cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between fields KST001, KST002, etc and cost components in CK13n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I have a cost component structure that includes 25 cost components. Of these 10 have been defined as variable only and the remaining 15 as fixed and variable.

I'm now trying to link the fields KST001, KST002, etc... from KEPH to the related cost component as presented in CK13N. I know that cost components that are defined as "fixed and variable" counts for two (meaning that I will find 2 columns in KEPH) but I was not be able to link each field to a specific cost component.

Is there a table that I can look at that will allow me to understand which component is linked to which field in KEPH?

Thanks for the help!

Davide Smaldone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi Davide,

table TCKH3 is the customizing table which shows the cost components (maintained in t-code OKTZ).

Fields EL_HV and EL_HF contain the assignment of the total (EL_HV) and fixed (EL_HF) value of the cost component to KSTxxx fields in table KEPH. If EL_HF is empty then this cost component contains only variable costs.

ELEMT = 20

EL_HF = 4

EL_HV = 7

means: for cost component 20 total cost are in field KEPH-KST004 and fixed costs in KEPH-KST007.

Please note: the assignment is done internally and system tries to avoid gaps in the numbering.

This means: IF you delete cost component 20, save these settings and then create cost component 20 again with same customizing settings THEN this will probably lead to different assignment to KEPH fields (different values for EL_HV and EL_HF)... Then you cannot interpret formerly created KEPH values correctly. Therefore deletion of cost components or changes from fixed&variable costs to only variable costs should be avoided after productive usage.

You might read the cost estimate by BAPI_COSTESTIMATE_GETDETAIL which already transforms the KEPH values (or one of the function modules used inside).

Regards,
  Johannes

Former Member

Hello. You must use table TKCH3.

Field ELEMT shows costo component key, whereas EL_HV and EL_HF shows the correlative number assigned for full costs and fixed costs respectively. This correlative number matches with KST001, KST002 and so on...

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't think there is a transparent table showing the link.

In practice, I have found that in our system the relation is very straight forward, though.

The numbering in KEPH follows the numbering of the cost components in OKTZ with the exception that - as you mentioned - there will be two fields in KEPH if you have fix and variable cost.

Example:

cost component 1 in OKTZ is fiX/variable

cost component 2 in OKTZ is variable only

cost component 3 in OKTZ is fix/variable

--> KEPH-KST001 corresponds to component 1 variable amount

KEPH-KST002 corresponds to component 1 fixed amount

KEPH-KST003 corresponds to cost component 2 variable amount

KEPH-KST004 corresponds to cost component 3 variable amount

KEPH-KST004 corresponds to cost component 3 fixed amount

when comparing KEPH to ck13n, make sure to choose the right quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check this thread:

Nevertheless it works as you've started doing it, just compare one CK13N result with the KEPH-entries for this cost estimate, there is a one to one relation.

Stored are always overall cost and fixed cost, the variable portion in CK13N is calculated, take the KEPH entry where KEPH-KKZST is empty.

I am just looking at an example in a test-system: The first cost component item / overall value is stored in KST001, there is no fixed cost in this component so this overall cost = 100% variable cost.

The 2nd cost componet overall value is stored in KST002, there is a fixed portion stored in KST003, the variable portion is calculated, and so on...

BR Christian