cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Sale Return

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

When i received back sale return, there is two way to received the sale return 1- Return with reference to the sale order and 2- Return with out sale order. i like to know with is the effect of both returns and what is the difference of these returns. please give me a satisfies answer.

thanks

M. Arif Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales Returns are generally created w.r.t. Sales Invoice instead of Sales Order because the quantity, prices, etc, can change in invoice.

If you create with reference, you can copy all header and Item details into return order and you can change some fields like quantity etc. Also in document flow the returns cycle is visible.

The above does not happen in case of creating without ref. New pricing procedure may be determined, Prices are picked from condition records (which may be changed), no details would get copied.

The copying from source to target document is controlled th. different controls in copy control.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

satisfied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you take return without any reference document then will not have any link with previous transactions

say if you deliver goods from batch then you will not remember from which batch stock you delivered

In simple you will no have back trace for document,material,batches,terms of pamyents, inco-term

If do with reference to sales order or invoice you can have previous document tracability and you will be in better position to take business decision.

kapil