Material ledger ; Benefits and pre-requisits
We upgrading technically 4.5B to ECC6 on my paper printing industry. In first phase this is only technical upgrade and in second phase I have to recommend COPA and Material ledger.
1) Could you please elaborate the basic requirement for activation of material ledger as material master data is already created, and transaction is posted.
2) Benefits of material ledger
3) Is there any special structural settings required.
New GL and document sappliting will will be also recommended.
Waman Shirwaicar replied
ML has basically 2 benefits:
1. Materials can be valuated in different methods (like legal, profit center , group etc). They can also be valuated in different currencies.
2. You can determine the actual cost for the material at the period end by inventorizing the variances.
However ML is pretty complex to implement. So unless the customer really needs this info please do not simply recommed it. It is not easy to find a ML expert in the market.