Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection to ESR

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Mine is an ECC - XI - MDM scenario. The scenario was done by downloading the XI standard content from Marketplace.

When I go MECCM and trigger the Purchasing data from ECC, I am getting an error 401 Unauthorized in SXMB_MONI of ECC. I check SPROXT at ECC and find that Local Objects Only(No Connection to the ESR).

I found from Integration Builder there is no sender agreement and sender communication channel. It means it's using SPROXY and also CatalogueUpdateNotification_Out is there under service interfaces in green color. I guess SAP has created the proxy code when we downloaded the standard content.

Any idea how to trouble shoot the scenario ?

Regards

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Harish

SLDAPICUST should point to the SLD host server. If you have a central SLD installed on the Dev server, then it is ok that it is using the host and port of the Dev server.

PIAPPLUSER is the normal user that is used in trx SLDAPICUST (the user must have the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER).

'Lastly, will the gateway Server of SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC will be the same for both DEV and QAs systems in XI?'

If you are connecting to QAS, SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC should be identical to that in QAS.

Regards

Mark

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone..

SLDCHECK is fine now.

Regards

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the link [Configuration of Business Systems with an Integration Engine |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/7a1041ebf0f06fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] for the necessary configuration steps required to configure the proxy business system.

I would delete the SAP_PROXY_ESR destination. This is only required if you do not have access to an Exchange Profile e.g. you are configuring a CE system. The LCRSAPRFC destination is used to connect to the Exchange Profile. It is important that the Gateway parameters here are pointing to the XI system you wish to connect to.

Check all the configuration steps in the above link and post back if you have any questions or further errors.

Regards

Mark

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the user/pwd in RFC destination integration_directory_HMI on the system on which you execute the TCODE SPROXY

To debug.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0dec9f5-e9a0-2b10-c1a8-e355d01af...

Regards

Pothana

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pothana,

I followed this blog.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0...

It says to check the RFC Destinations SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC. I checked them. In fact this scenario is running in QAS. But under Gateway Host, the host name of the PI Dev server is written. I can't ask the BASIS guy now. So should it be different for Dev and Qas systems or just the same. There is a mismatch there..

Regards

Harish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the names should be different....corresponding server names should be maintained.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So should it be different for Dev and Qas systems or just the same. There is a mismatch there..

It depends upon how your landscape is designed. Is it central SLD or Local? So, advise you to drag Basis guy into the issue.

Regards

Pothana

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have only one SLD. There are no multiple instances.

I tihink we need to mantain different server names..

Regards

Harish

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Check your RFC's and users provided in RFC while connecting to PI server. Also check if your Integration engine is correctly configured in SXMB_ADM.

For over all health check you can go to TCODE: SLDCHECK in your ECC and troubleshoot your problem accordingly.

Regards,

Naveen.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked how the IE is configured in SXMB_ADM. In the IS_URL parameter, host name is in caps. Is that fine? Should that be case sensitive and in lower case. I don't think the need to but still wondering whether its case sensitive or not

Regards

Harish

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The funny thing is when I did the SLDCHECK from ECC, it shows the details of my XI Dev system and only the IS_URL is that of the XI Qass sytem. I think this is why I get this error.

Harish Babu

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right you need to correct all these kind of errors then your connectivity works fine...

Cheers!!

Naveen.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all parameters in Exchange Profile should also reflect the same hostname as in SMICM.

Regards

Pothana

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created an RFC Destination of type G named SAP_PROXY_ESR. Now when I go to SPROXY, I see the connection to ESR. I can see the host and port followed by /rep. That's fine.

The problem now is SLDCHECK fails

I changed the Gateway server in SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC. Now SLDCHECK from ECC says " Error when opening an RFC connection.

Regards

Harish

0 Kudos

HI Harish,

Have you checked SLDAPICUST?

Rgds,

Lai Vu Tien Viet.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lai, Mark

I checked SLDAPICUST.

It's pointing to the XI dev server. The host and port are that of Dev server and not Qas.

Again the user that I see is PILDUSER. Is that the one we need or the PIAPPLUSER?

Another point. I am trying to connect to the QAS and not Dev server.

I went to SU01 and checked under roles, I am not able to see the u2022 SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER in that list. How do I add that?

Lastly, will the gateway Server of SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC will be the same for both DEV and QAs systems in XI?

Regards

Harish