cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with custom object in OM for Nakisa security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing OrgChart 3.0 SP1 for live environment.

We have custom object in OM. Structural Authorization is based on that custom object. (The custom object is displayed as custom field in IT0001 (Org Assignment). Also we are using Org Key. The combination of custom field + org key decide the structural authorization)

Does Nakisa security work on this kind of structural authorization ?

Does this required any development efforts? OR we can make it with configuration changes? What are the changes required and where to do it?

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In theory there should be no problems. When OrgChart retrieves data from SAP it uses the Username of the person logged in - so every call in the backend retrieves data using the authorizations of the user. I would perform some tests, but I'm pretty sure you won't encounter any problems because the authorization checks are performed in the backend.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply.

When I selected the security authentication option SSO with log on ticket, it shows the following error

Login Failed. Either you are trying to access the application outside of portal. Or the Portal issued ticket is rejected or expired

when I changed it to SSO with log in ID and Password, it shows the following error,

Error: Application error occurred during the request processing.

Troubleshooting Guide https://sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/jstsg/home

Details: WebApplicationException log ID is [005056943A3100EA000000000000B294].

Can you please give any inputs?

Thanks

Dave

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dave,

Check this Wiki article out for some information on configuring SSO. It might help you out.

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SAPSSOAuthenticationwithverify.pseusingSAPSSOEXT]

The Portal server, Nakisa server and SAP server must all be on the same domain. The backend details you configure in the Security section of the AdminConsole should be the SAP client where the ticket is stored (usually the same backend client that the data will come from).

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks.

I will go though the link and let you know the results.

Best Regards

Dave