Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on AS2 Adapter

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one AS2 adapter already in sender side.

Now we have another requirment from same partner. They are asking to use the existing Communication channel and the Authentication certificates for the new Sender Agreement.

I have the doubt that if we use the same Certificate and CC, will it work without any problem in PI. If so, how it will identify the corresponding Sender Agreement.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Yes ofcourse u will abe to have the same CC for one or more communication channel. Though the use of one CC for many communication channels are preety easy to use and monitor it sometimes becomes an big issue when debugging scenarios.

Regards

Pothana

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pothana,

Thanks for your answer.

One more thing in that scenario, can we use the same Authentication certificates for the new Sender Agreement?

If so, how it will identify the corresponding Sender Agreement in runtime?

Regards,

Baskaran K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

We have made an agreemnt with 3-party to maintain different AS2ID for sender and we created a new party in Id with that AS2ID. And created a new communication channel based on the new party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though technically you can use the same sender AS2 comm channel in multiple sender agreements with the same authentication certificates, the new requirement that you are talking about will have a different message subject, in which case you need to go for a seperate comm channel.

Regards

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

Yes you are right. But in existing CC, they do not use any Message Subject, they are keeping * in that field.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, if the receiver party is different, think that would identify the corresponding Sender Agreement to be used for the new requirement.

Regards

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

I'm not clear with your point.

Receiver dertermination step will be executed after receiving the message thro' sender agreement I think. Correct me If i'm wrong.

In my case both scenario's are using same receiver system.

Could you please elaborate, How CC should be configured for both the scenario like with diff message header or diff Authentication certificate in sender agreement etc..

In my case, they asking to use the same CC and certificate in sender agreement for both the scenario. Whether it will work or not?

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When configuring the sender agreement for AS2 adapter using party, you need to use option "Sender uses virtual receiver" where you need to provide the Receiver party and service information in the sender agreement itself.

For AS2 connectivity, the corresponding sender agreement is determined based on Sender Party, Receiver Party and the Message Subject.

However, since in your case, both scenarios use the same receiver, you will not be able to define a new sender agreement for the same set of sender and receiver combination.

So, in your case, think you would need to use only a single sender agreement.

Regards

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

Thanks for your answer...

Please find the config already exist in the system for the invoice message,

In CC,

1. In Message Subject: *

2. Sender Party: P_4PL_XML_RYDER

3. Communication Component: S_AS2

In Sender Agreement,

4. Sender Interface: MI_OA_DtdCblV30_Invoice

5. Virtual Receiver party: PGSAPXIAS2

6. Virtual Communication Component: PGSAPXIAS2

Now we have to develope the scenario for LoadPlan Shipment for the same sender party. Our requirment is to use the same CC, since it will accept all the message.

But we have to use diff Sender agreement for our interafce 'EDI214RTLDOut'. In order to use the correct sender agreement in runtime what will be the setting needs to be changed?

As you said, if we maintain the diff party and service( ex. XXXX) in virtual Receiver in sender agreement, then the Thirty party needs to be maintain the same party (XXXX) information while sending the message to our pi System?

or Is there any other option like diff Authentication certificate.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when receving messages from AS2

1) Sender Party( Sender AS2ID)

2) Receiver Party(Receiver AS2ID)

3) Subject in channel. these three act as a key fields to route the message.

if subject is mentioned is '*' you can receive any type of message from same channel & sender agreement.

but in this case you won't be able to direct the message to correct mapping as sender message strucuture is different.

you can only dump all diffrent messages to FTP folder(without mapping) and can perform mappings and all based on some criteria as a seperate interface.

If you want to receive two diffrent messages better you and sender agreed on some message subjects and use different channel and agreement.

and I hope authencation certificate is either mandatory or not mandatory in both the agreements.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your sender and receiver combination are same but the interface is different, suggest you ask the sender AS2 party to use a specific message subject for the 2 interfaces.

The message subject will help to identify the particular sender agreement that needs to be used for that message and you will need to configure this in the comm channel. Also, you will need to define a seperate comm channel for the new interface.

A different authentication certificate will not help in this case as the authentication certificate does not particate in deciding the corresponding sender agreement for the comm channel that the message needs to be forwarded to.

If you can not define a seperate comm channel for some particular reason, then as already suggested by Suresh, you will need to temporarily dump the files in a secondary location from where a new interface needs to pick them up.

Hope this helps.

Regards

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your timly support.

We have one more doubt that, while message coming to PI System by AS2 adapter, will it not look for the Operation name from incoming message.

Bcoz, eventhough we have maintained same settings in Loadplan as like Invoice scenario, Interface name will be differ. If it compare the operation name from incoming message with interface in sender agreement, then the message will use the correct sender agreement and route correctly as expected.

Could you please comment on this.

Regards,

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS2 adapter won't check for the operation name.

as I said earlier sender AS2ID , Receiver AS2ID and message subject should be unique to receive message by AS2 sender adapter.

Regds,

Suresh