cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer return - automatic processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

At my customer there is a requirement to automatically create a customer return delivery, goods receipt posting and credit posting when saving a customer return order. The process should be as follows:

1. Create customer return order (VA01) with reference to the original invoice

2. Create a return delivery (automatic) with reference to the return order

3. Post goods receipt against return delivery (automatic)

4. Book credit note (automatic)

I'm not sure if this is standard SAP and where I should configure the above,

Your comments are much appreciated,

Kind regards, M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to meet your requirements.

1. For auto delivery, in the order document type (Std. RE), in the Shipping tab - maintain the Immediate delivery to A - Create Delivery Immediately which will create the delivery upon saving of the return order.

2. For auto PGI, you need to have a job set up (you can decide the timing) using variant for the transaction VL06G.

3. Similarly for credit memo creation, you need to set up a schedule job using the variant for the transaction VF04.

Regards,

Sampat

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reread the answers and it turns out that the remarks are about the 'goods issue' part, however the question was regarding the inbound customer return orders (coming into the warehouse). Could you please check if the inbound delivery creation and goods receipt posting as well as the credit note booking can be done automatically or by batch job?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check my reply the BAPI's can be used for creating Inbound deliveries and posting goods receipt too.

You may schedule posting of good receipt as a background job using transaction VL06I and for credit note use VF06.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP will not be possible as there are lot of checks in each step.

You can try will a BDC recording with the help of an abaper (just like lsmw recording).Where in you record each step of your transaction and run in foreground/background mode.This will work if all your parameter remains constant like qnt/dates ect.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

the answers you're giving is about the creation of outbound deliveries and the posting goods issue. However, my question was regarding the creation of an inbound delivery, post goods receipt and booking a credit note towards a customer account

Thanks,

<M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this there is no straight forward solution but we can try work around

1. For return sales document type set immediate delivery indicator A in shipping sub tab by VOV8

Then once u save return order system can create delivery in background

2. Then in VL23 set Post goods issue in background

3. create billing in background VF06 or schedule job for this program SDBILLDL or RV60SBAT in sm37

Kindly try this may be fulfill your requirement

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This not possible in std SAP although you may have a return delivery created automatically by checking Immediate delivery in VOV8 for RE order type, you will have to do PGI and Credit memo manually or by using function module/BAPI.

Take the help of your ABAPer to find out how it can be done.

PGI can be created using BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Billing document/Credit memo can be created using BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATE

You may also schedule PGI as a background job through VL06O and Billing through VF06 which would run everyday and check return deliveries pending for PGI and completed deliveires pending for credit memo creation.

Make sure you dont have any delivery or billing block in your return orders and automatic posting in credit memo so that accounting document also gets created.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Jun 8, 2011 2:45 PM