cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring GR to another vendor

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have few GRs (fully done and partially done) in a particular vendor. We want to close this vendor and transfer these GRs to a new Vendor. How can I go about it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikktha,

You cannot transfer GRs to other Vendor. You need to cancel the GRs and create new POs with the new Vendor and then, create new GRs.

But, if you want to transfer stock assigned to the Vendor (for Subcontracting or Consignment processes), you can do this with movement types.

Let me know if you are looking for something like that.

Kind regards,

SP

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What I understood from the inputs is that:

For the partially delivered POs, we will short-close the POs so that the Invoice for the vendor will be able to done for only the quantity received. Thereafter the vendor is closed. And for the balance quantity to be received, we need raise a fresh PO with a new vendor and do the IR for that quantity. Correct ?

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you..Your input was very helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first close the open purchase order's later the remaining open quality's generate the purchase order with as per your requirement

former_member1230140
Participant
0 Kudos

We can not do this activity.1st cancel the all GR's and PO's and make the new PO for desired vendor

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell us why you are transferring GR to another vendor ?

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We want to close a vendor immediately and open a new vendor for that old vendor.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cancel goods receipt for vendor not required.Block p.o line item or mark it is delivery completed.

Create new p.o for required vendor & do goods receipt.

Block vendor using XK05 @ purchasing organization or @ company code level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close a vendor you need to check following points

1)You need to close all the open POs by stting up delivery completion indicator.

2)Need to check all the pending invoices and need to clear all the balance payment .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the delivery complited indicater in po and save it. isystem will not allow u to take gr for pending deliveries.

and u can block this vendor. u

Create Po for new vendor

Regards

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate the issue .It is not clear here.If i am not wrong the GRN is not deal with the Vendor.vendor comes into picture during invoice (IR).During IR the original vendor(mentioned in PO) will be defaulted ,here you can change the vendor with a different vendor .

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot.

work around-short close the PO.Then do GR for the remaining qty with movement type 501 for the new vendor.