cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with re opening a subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I everyone,

after converting my solution from Visual Studio 2008 (with Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008) to Visual Studio 2010 (with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010) I have massive problems with subreports.

When I activate the flag "Re-import When Opening" I get an error message after manipulating the subreport. The exception is a crystal report logon-exception. When I go to the Field Explorer and call Set DataSource Location I find two Current Data Sources for my subreports (with different Internal Connection IDs, which I believe causes the logon exception).

When I then update these datasources I just have one datasource for all subreports. And then i can open the report. But when I make a change in the subreport, so the main report has to re-import the subreport again, the same happens - another datasource is bound, and i get a logon exception.

I hope anyone can help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You 're on SP1 for CRVS2010?

[original link is broken]

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i have installed the version 13.0.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone confirm, that the "Re-import When Opening" flag doesn't work for any subreport with Windows 7, 32 bit (compiled with the Visual Studio 2008, with Crystal Reports Basic for 2008, for the .NET Framework 3.5, compiled on Windows XP 32bit) ?

Edited by: Martin Andel on Jun 8, 2011 4:22 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Huh? I thought you were on CRVS2010? And in your initial message it looks like you had this working in .NET 2008 with CR 2008? What am I missing here?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently i am working on Windows XP 32bit with Visual Studio 2008, compiling for .NET Framework 3.5 (while I have installed .NET Framework4) with Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008.

In some Mainreports i have subreports inserted with the flag activated "Re-import When Opening". That works fine under Windows XP.

In the near future my company will switch to Windows 7, so I had to test my software there. The only problem with my program (compiled under the configuration i just listed) is, that the subreports won't re-import when opening. The flag just seems to be ignored under Windows 7.

So, while I anyway will have to switch to Visual Studio 2010, I decided to test, if compiling my program under Visual Studio 2010 with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010, will solve my problem.

And then i had the problem i described in my initial message.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you are on [SP 3|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007123572010E/cr2008_sp3.exe] for CR 2008 (at least SP 3), then it should work. E.g.; I do not remember hearing of any issues on this until now.

I can have a quick look at CRVS2010 and get back, hopefully before end of the week.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One other thing. Is the win 7 64 bit? If it is you may be running into 32 v.s. 64 bit datasource connection issues. E.g.; 32 bit ODBC DSN is different from 64 bit ODBC DSN, etc., etc. See [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d5fa88-2013-2c10-c9a5-f11963607d4e] article.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the Win 7 is a virtual machine, running on my development machine. Its a 32bit machine. Maybe I can find any hardware with Window 7, this will be a 32bit machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to install SP3, but got the message "The update installation cannot proceed because either the target product is missing or is not the correct vorsion for the update. Verify that the product to be updated exists on your system and you have the correct patch."

Maybe its because I have installed only "Crystel Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008", instead of the full version?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. That would be it. "Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008" is version 10.5, Crystal Reports 2008 is version 12.x.

Only SP for "Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008" is SP1:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009351512008E/crbasic2008sp1.exe

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Once you get the right patch installed then use Process Monitor and look for Access Denied errors. Windows 7 added a lot of folder security. Try sharing the folder where your subreports are locate din and running your app as Administrator, right click on your EXE and choose Run As Administrator.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to install the patch, I only get the error message "Error 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: D:\Temp\RarSFX0\CRUpdate[1].ms"

That is, because I only have the file D:\Temp\setup\CRUpdate.msi, as it is called in CRBasic2008SP1Install.vbs. Why would the install routine wants to call CRUpdate[1].msi???

It seems that I have no luck with Crystal Reports Software

Edited by: Martin Andel on Jun 9, 2011 9:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don, I just found out, that, when starting a small test application from the file system, instead as a clickonce application, the subreport will be refreshed when opening!

So my problem seems to only occur, when an application is published as clickonce application.

0 Kudos

Do you have any of the Verify Options enabled in your main or subreport? If you do check them off and test again.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have disabled the option "VerifyOnAnyPrint" (I dont know if there are any other verify options) on both the subreport an main report. The subreport still won't be refreshed.

Answers (0)