cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - PI Adapter module creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I want to create a custom PI Adapter module. I used NWDS and created EJB Module and EAR Project. I have also filled up the required Java code.

But, I am not finding a way to create the .jar file [EJB Module] and .ear file. Is there any default NWDS provided way to create them or do I have to create .jar and .ear files manually?

Thanks.

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the sap adapter dev guide from SAP published on SDN and you will have a step by step info

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

I am able to find step-by-step guide for previous version of PI, but not PI 7.1 When I tried same steps in PI 7.1, the options are not available in NWDS 7.1

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you have done with developing the objects....right-click on your EAR project and Export --> J2ee --> SAP EAR --> give location and finish

then delete the unwanted files from the above created folder....sap_manifest, manifest, sda-dd.

you then have to convert this EAR file into a SDA file.....can use the NWCE tool and then deploy this SDA file into the server.

Instead you can simply follow the steps to directly deploy the adapter module into the PI server...need J2EE admin access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much abhishek Michal. I am almost there now...

I created EAR file and deployed it in the server. But I receive an exception "Unsupported major.minor version 50.0". Is it related to discrepancy about Java version that I use for compilation?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

might be - right click on the project

properties

java compiler - you can change it there

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk