cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline date is not picking correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you tell me , why the net due date in the document is converted into baseline date instead of document date ?

Regards

Partha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the grace days in OBA3, hope 5 days provided as grace days

Thanks

Kameshwar Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kameshwar,

You are right. There was a grace days input in OBA3. Actually among so many company codes I choosed this particular one,which has this setting . Most of them are not having this setting. However, It was good to be clear always. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Partha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the base line date entered manually by the user while booking the transaction.

regards

Sanil

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Partha,

this means that, into transaction OBB8, You switched on the flag document date and that this Payment Terms is used into the document You're posting.

Which is the System error? I don't understand.

Mauri

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your config of Payment term used in OBB8? What is maintained there for Base line date. The radio button for document date should be selected, if you want document date to be the baseline date

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created that PT and the document date is selected for default baseline date

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain what are the other settings you have done while creating PT. did you enter any date under Baseline date Calulation? Standard Procedure is if you select Document date as default date for Baseline ,then the baseline date will be the Document date and Number of Due days are calculated as per document date only.

Please check your settings and Let us know.

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have put the following details in PT

Days limit - 31

Fixed day - 18

Addtional month - 1

Disc Percentage - .8%

Fixed date - 18

Please clarify about the further course of action

document date - 01.06.2011

Posting date - 01.06.2011

Net due date - 18.07.2011

He should get the disc,if he pays within 18.07.2011 . He is not eligible for disc,if he payes on 19.07.2011 or onwards. what is happening here,he still is eligible 23.07.2011 as per system calculation. from 24.07.2011 he is not eligible though.

However , he should not be eligible after 18.07.2011. Please clarify about the settings

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Per your requirments the only change you need to do is remove 18 and 1 from Baseline Date Calucation(keep this Blank) . remove Day Limit Keep it Black.

You do your settings as follows.

Select Default for baseline date as Document date

Under Payment Terms Give 18 under Fixed date and 1 under Addtional Months.

by the above settings .. when ever your posting an document the Due date will 18th of the following month. discount will given if paid on or before 18th.

Try in the above process. and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Goutam

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

From your explanation, the cutoff date is 18th of the following months, hence setting of 31 days limit may not be necessary (should be excluded from the existing set up).

1) For bline date = net due date is the effect of 18 fixed day and 1 addition month set up.

2) As for bline date = document date, normally only 'Day limit' need set up, e.g. 30, meaning the invoice will be due for payment 30 days after the document date.

In your case, scenario mentioned in 1) above take effect because of the setting mentioned in your previous message.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Still same.No difference. I did as per your instructions.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your making some mistake while modifying the PT, your requirment is to have the Net due date on 18 of the Next Month right for the as Per the document date right. if so please create a PT as Per Below settings.

Eg. Give Variant as G001.Give Own explanation as Due on the 18th of Next month.

Select Document date under Default baseline date come down to Payment Terms -under this you can see Fixed date enter 18 and in addtional Months give 1.

by this when ever the documet is posted in this month the due date will 18th of next month.

check the Tolarance Limit in OBA3 ,remove Grace period if maintained.

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Issue was with OBA3 setting,as you said. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Partha