former_member407089
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a cube with four characteristics:

lab,

analytical _point,

installation,

experiment.

Each characteristic contains of a key and a text.There are several combinations of those keys, like:

Labo | analytical _point | installation | experiment

1 | 1 | 1 | 1

1 | 1 | 1 | 2

1 | 2 | 2 | 3

1 | 3 | 2 | 6

1 | 4 | 1 | 1

2 | 5 | 3 | 4

2 | 6 | 1 | 3

3 | 7 | 1 | 4

What I need to do is to create a WAD that will display those characteristics in BW IP in a clever way. It must know that in a lab "2" it has only analytical_points "5" and "6". In analytical _point "1" there is only one installation "1", and so on. More over it must display texts for each characteristic.

Where do I have to do it, and how? How can I relate those characteristics?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

there are several possibilities to model this. The details depend on the BW data model, e.g. whether some characteristics are available as attributes of other characteristics.

The most straightforward method is to create a data store with the 4 characteristics as key fields and to maintain the admissible combinations in the data store. Then create a characteristic relationship base on the data store.

In the query e.g. you may use all 4 characteristics in the rows. You may also use the setting 'access mode result values' based on characteristic relationships for the 4 characteristics. Then the system creates records on the fly when you start the query. You will only get the admissible combinations.

Regards,

Gregor