cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the new Crystal Reports 2008 SP4, but are there any release notes available?

Kind regards,

Cyrusje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

We are working on getting them into a SAP Note/Kbase.

Check back later and search in our Knowledge Base system and/or go to help.sap.com for them. Currently only available if you have a SMP account ID under the BO Enterprise list.

Thank you

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Don.

Will keep checking the SAP sites.

Kind regards,

Cyrus

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I managed to locate the SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 and Crystal Reports 2008 Release Notes for Service Pack 4. There are no fixes directly related to the CR 2008 SDK for .NET. SP4 appears to have been limited to BOE fixes - Web Intelligence (WEBI) documents in particular. The release notes are here:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/bosap-releasenotes

Note, that BOE Support Logon credentials are required to access the above document.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

0 Kudos

This is strange as usual. Why can not you publish for general public?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I mentioned in my previous post;

SP4 appears to have been limited to BOE fixes - Web Intelligence (WEBI) documents in particular.

Help me understand; If you do not have BOE or WEBI, why are you interested in the fixes? If you do have those producs, then you have access to the documentation via your login to the market place...

- Ludek

0 Kudos

First of all you are not sure if it is for BOE. Second the download is published for public(if it is for BOE why to publish for public).

It is inconsistent to publish download for SP4 but not release notes.

You can put a note over there saying that it is for specific clients.

Why to confuse people. Hope I made my point. I was looking for a specific bug if it is fixed in that SP4.

0 Kudos

Hello,

How about telling us what the bug is and we can look to see if it's been reported and when it will be released for CR?

It's the way SAP releases patches, downloads are from one place and all documents are from help.sap.com.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all you are not sure if it is for BOE.

- Ok. Semantics. So let's get that out of the way. SP4 was limited to BOE. Better?

Second the download is published for public(if it is for BOE why to publish for public).

- Download of SP4 for CR yes. BOE, no. BOE customers dish out a pretty penny for the product and thus all about BOE is only available to them. If you really, really want to see the BOE fixes, contact sales. I'm sure they will be happy to set you up with a copy of BOE.

It is inconsistent to publish download for SP4 but not release notes.

- Consider this to be the release note: "There are no CR fixes in SP4."

You can put a note over there saying that it is for specific clients.

- Agreed. From your perspective and experience, can you be more specific on "over there" though?

I was looking for a specific bug if it is fixed in that SP4.

- What's the bug?

- Ludek