cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Reports from SQL Server Reporting Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am given the URL to a report from SQL Server Reporting Services. The URL looks like

[http://<report_server_host>/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?/<category>/<report>&<list_of_parameter_value_pairs>]

When this URL is executed, the user will be prompted for user name and password.

And I am given the following requirements:

- Integrate the report into SAP NetWeaver Portal

- The report has to be passed parameters with values generated at runtime and which must be hidden (because it is sensitive data)

Initially, I have been working on two options:

1. using Application Integrator (portal application: com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap, portal component: Generic)

2. using URL iView

With the Application Integrator, however, I got the following error:

The operation you are attempting on item "/" is not allowed for this item type. (rsWrongItemType)

I cannot find the solution to this. It looks like the URL which contain "/" after "?" is not appropriate for the Application Integrator.

So I turn my focus away from the Application Integrator, but to using the URL iView instead. And in order to hide the parameters passed, I make the following settings in the URL iView:

Request Method = POST Fetch Mode = Server-Side

But then I got the following error:

Failed to fetch the content. The response status was 401. Message:

(I have defined an HTTP system and used it in the URL iView.)

Does anyone know how to fix the errors (either with the Application Integrator or the URL iView)?

Your answers will be much appreciated!

Regards

Sakprasat Sum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Was a solution for this found?

I am trying to achieve the same thing, create an iView that links to an existing SQL Reporting Services report.

Cheers,

Andrew