Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript error calling a bi 7.0 webapplication from a bsp application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This is the scenario we're facing a javascript error :

Enterprise Portal is calling a custom bsp application ( via an iview in the enterprise portal ) in the bi system with a parameter "template_id" and a value, which is the technical name of a bi web application.

The bsp application is evaluating the parameter by some custom code and creating a html page with a redirect or a maintenance message to the bi web application passed with the parameter "template_id".

The html link to the bi web application is created according to this documentation :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/03d4ac801467e6e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Purpose of the bsp application :

in the bi system there is a database table to maintain a flag for each webtemplate and infocube, which should not be called via the enterprise portal for a certain time ( some kind of maintenance switch ). The bsp application then decides to show a maintenance page for the called webtemplate or to send the redirect page to the client.

The process described above is :

working with the bi 7.01 sp7 in the bi ( enterprise portal sp22 ) in the productive system.

working in the Q&A system bi 7.01 sp8 with bi 3.5 web applications.

not working in the Q&A system bi 7.01 sp8 with bi 7.0 web applications.

The javascript error calling bi 7.0 web applications is :

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:11:04 UTC

Line: 96
Char: 11
Code: 0
URI: https://mlptb1.mlp-ag.com:58001/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?TEMPLATE=B_221_002_KUNDEN_POSTEN_AD

We've opened a message. Support center is saying that this method isn't supported by sap. We should ommit the bsp application and the used functionality.

Is there any way to find out, what is causing this object is missing ?

Is there another way than a bsp application to use this custom maintenance function in the described system setup ?

system components :

production system

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Portal SP22

SAP BI 7.01 SP 7

q&a system

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Portal SP22

SAP BI 7.01 SP 8

Kind regards.

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jan,

thank you for response.

We've patched the development system to the highest level. The error is now not reproducible any more.

Kind regards.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

thank you for the oss note. The problem is similar. Unfortunatly SAP is not telling us which API is missing for further investigations.

We're not using a FPN so far, i will talk with our portal administrators about the future activities.

Kind regards.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we did some further analysis on this problem und we think we found the problem.

The error occurs while trying to execute the standard url for web templates inside a Enterprise Portal Frame, for example

https://XXX:XXX/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons...

While executing the URL a HTML-Page with some embeded Javascript-code is sent back to the browser.

In this Javascrip-Code, the method-call "dsmObj.registerAll" leads to a script error in Internet Explorer.

dsmObj.registerAll("pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/platform_add_ons/com.sap.ip.bi/iViews/com.sap.ip.bi.bex", "GUSID:6FC9SuhGDPIMMLwOdeHEIg--_7WQud13yeLJDz2kYoQFSg--", "1307605928212");

In SP7, the method "dsmObj.registerFullKey" is called instead of "dsmObj.registerAll". This has changed in SP8.

dsmObj.registerFullKey("GUSID:iBPvyska9*xE_JBalkQG2g--YyKv2C3NToP0I79Mw7EO8w--", "1307606479963");

The object "dsmObj" seems to reference the parent frame of the Enterprise Portal.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how we can fix this?

Kind regards,

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Keller on Jun 9, 2011 2:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

FIY: We fixed it by upgrading our producer to NW 7.0 SP23. I don't think that is helpfull for you, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Good luck in resolving this.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

i've tried the URL according to your suggestion. The result was an error page by the bi portal, the server wasn't able to recognize the web application due to the added signs.

Kind regards.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

We encounter the same problem with some HR related content on a 7.01 SP8 portal as well. I found sap note 1534170. Perhaps it may help you. We are analyzing as we speak.

Regards,

Jan Laros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the URL I can see the following:

?TEMPLATE=B_221_002_KUNDEN_POSTEN_AD

I´d better pass the value like this:

?TEMPLATE='B_221_002_KUNDEN_POSTEN_AD'

The application might interpret the parameter not as a value but as a variable.

If the above does not help, you have to isolate the problem; the help that the message displays is no help. In 99% of cases, the error is in another line and not in the line number as displayed. Use comment signs for that <!-- --> in your JS code and do it step by step, till you come to the place where the error is not triggered and then, see what the problem is.