Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Document Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to update a FI document to SD - sales order in it's document flow.

I was able to update Table - VBFA by using Function Module RV_DOCUMENT_FLOW_UPDATE_U.

But I still can't see the updated document flow when using VA03N for that sales order , though can see the entries in VBFA.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute function module RV_ORDER_FLOW_INFORMATION (which is used for sales document flow display in VA03) for the specific order and check whether the updated information is appearing in the output.

Regards, Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply.

I executed the said FM, It doesnot return those updated information....

Is because VBFA is not updated correctly ? what else could be the issue ?

Regards

0 Kudos

It means, VBFA table is not updated properly. Debugging the FM RV_ORDER_FLOW_INFORMATION will help you to identify the reason.

P.S : Is there any specific reason to update the standard document flow in VBFA? AFAIK, this table is updated properly as per the configuration.

Regards, Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar on Jun 8, 2011 4:27 PM

0 Kudos

The reason is, we are creating a FI Invoice (FB70) against a sales order and since it is FI doc it does not get updated in doc flow automatically. so want to link it to the sales order... any ideas ?

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

From functional point of view, i am not aware whether this is the correct method. Technically, there seems to be something wrong with the way you update the VBFA table. Go through the Function module RV_ORDER_FLOW_INFORMATION to know how the document flow display is being populated using VBFA.

Regards, Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi,

As Vinod suggested do like that also you can give a try with the function module DISPLAY_DOCUMENT_FLOW_ALV. You can debug this and can see the flow.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the programming that reads and displays the document flow to see that it handles the document type you are adding to VBFA?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calling an update task FM like RV_DOCUMENT_FLOW_UPDATE_U is rarely a good option, often not much more than a direct update of database as most (all) checks are performed by SAP before calling those FM at commit.

You could try to replicate SAP behavior by analyzing form maintain_sd_flow in include LBBP_EXTREQF03, this form update the SD flow from MM, try to adapt it.

Regards,

Raymond