cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need solution for a requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need a solution to implement the below scenario in SAP XI 7.0.

SAP system will send an xml message through proxy to PI system and this message contains two fields called File_Name and File_Location.

PI has to login on to a file server and check for the file with that particular filename in that file location. In case if the file exists, we need to move the file into another predefined folder and have to send the details to SAP system in return.

If the file doesnu2019t exists in the specified file location on the file server, PI have to send an error notification message to SAP.

Please do let us know how can we implement this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Please tell me if I can call a file sender communication channel from an UDF and pass the dinamic configuration values at runtime.

If this is possible, I think the above requirement is addressed.

Please tell me in case of any more solutions too.

Thanks once again.

Regards.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer below link , write your code to check file name not content.it is not diffcult...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FileLookupin+UDF

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will not need to define a sender File channel. You need to use the standard Java file i\o functions to check if the file exists and move it to a seperate location.

If you are on PI 7.1 or higher, you can go for a parameterized Java mapping where you can supply the access parameters (userd Id, password etc) at runtime from the Interface Determination instead of hardcoding this in your code.

This will help when you transport your interface to the higher environemnts as you would not need to touch he mapping.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One solution would be to configure the interface as Proxy --> PI --> Proxy.

In PI, use Java mapping to check for the file in the specified location and if found, move it to the new location using Java File i/o operations.

Based on whether the file is available or not, PI can send the appropriate response back to ECC.

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a sync java proxy which will check the existance of a file and move it or not and will send the response to the backend

the easiest way as it's not possible in standard to achieve your requirement

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Develop JAVA mapping to check file exists or not in FTP, then based on result from JAVA mapping you can send data to FTP with acknoldgement ,if does not exist then send message to SAP.

even you can achive this requirement using mutli mapping with UDF combination.

SEARCH IN SDN File lookup using UDF , you will find code.

Regards,

Raj