cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPz execution in ABAP screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I execute the MOPz in solman, the entire execution happens in the ABAP screen only, but usually I have seen in my past experience the MOPz execution happens in the Internet Explorer BSP pages. So, can anybody tell me why it happening in ABAP screen in my case. Is there any configuration in the solman to change it to Internet explorer

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Webdynpro interface (it is not a BSP) that opens with the browser was adopted with Solution Manager SP22.

Lower releases have the SAPGUI screens.

Also, in a Solution Manager SP22, if you open a Maintenance Optimizer transaction you created while the Solution Manager was on SP21 or lower, the SAPGUI screen will be opened. If you create a new Maintenance Optimizer transaction, then the Webdynpro opens. Kind of confusing for newly upgraded systems...

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting from Solman SP23, MOPZ opens in a web browser. If you are below this stack then it would not work for you and it will open in ABAP screen only.

Thanks

Sunny

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

It starts from SP22 , I am certain of it.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I got reference from below thread:

As reply was from SAP guy, so, i thought it starts from SP23.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading Solman to SPS23 and manually I am applying patches and I facing so many issues like CRT missing, No valid queue for ST rel. 400 etc etc. So now I would like to apply sp-stack. I can download the necessary sp-stack from marketplace using solution manager but I wanted to know how apply sp-stack in ABAP system.

Can any body help me on this

Regards,

Sudip

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

He is indeed a SAP colleague. But I support Maintenance Optimizer full time and in my experience SP22 is where the web browser GUI starts.

The colleague who wrote the reply in the thread might have had a typo, or maybe as there are other changes in SP23 (mainly about supported upgrade paths) he thought also the web browser interface started in SP23...

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check out the Solution Manager EHP1 update guide at http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_OBJECT=011000358700000291932009E

If you have conflicts that ask for CRTs and the CRT is a SAPKITL437, that means that you are trying to import too high ABA and BASIS. Please check out the Support Package stack information in http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks, and make sure that you are trying to import supported ABA and BASIS. For SP23 the corresponding ABA and BASIS are SAPKA70106 and SAPKB70106

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In mopz please select calculate file maually-> as soon as smp get opened ->go to Support Packages and Patches > Browse our Download Catalo> SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1 --> Link to SP Stack Application ->Give Source <current sp> & Target 23 & follow the steps.. Save the xml file

Now use SPAM to update ABAP stack.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue resolved.. and it is SPS22