cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element 41 is not getting displayed in basic data Cost Element Basic..

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Need you help in understanding and solving this issue, when ever I am creating a GL account in P&L, primary cost element is getting created, that is perfect, but for some G/L account I want to assign to CElem category to 41 for overhead, but due to some reason, only see 6 cost element category when try to look into mirror glass, or F4, only can see (1, 3, 4, 11, 12, 22). Please suggest how can I fixed this. If some one is having hard time understanding my question please feel free to write me.

Thanks

Nishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I you need to check the cost element accounting sub module .

Automatic creation of primary and secondary cost element .

In this you need to make default settings for the cost element

you need to give you over head GL account from and to and select the

category 41 overhead and save the configuration

Then try to do you steps . the category will be available to the overhead.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

try to understand the difference between primary and secondary cost elements.

BR Christian

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

I belive you have not understood this issue, here I am not asking the difference between primary and secondary, let me articulate it one more time:

When you create a G/L account under expenses for P&L and it create Primary cost element and instead of allocating it to primary costs/ cost-reducing revenue want to make it to 41 overhead cost element. but I dont see the option of 41 just see 6 option ( 1 for primary costs/ cost-revenue reducing revenues. 3 - Accrual, 4 , 11= revenue, 12 = sales deduction and 22 external settlement, and where as I dont see 41, what setting need to be changed so that I can see all the cost element type.

thanks

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

do you think you understood the issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

primary cost elements should be GL accounts. (T.code KA01)

Secondary cost element shouldn't be GL accounts.(T.code KA06)

Refer the below link for better understanding

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/08/5144dd43b511d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a cost element created based on a GL account is always a primary cost element but cost element category 41 can only be used for secondary cost elements.

Please use SAP-help, check the "Rules of Engagement" and avoid asking basic questions.

Christian

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj and Christian.