cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Import Error In SAP Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have Installed BO XI R3.1 Integration kit for Sap Solutions.After Updating in Entitlement System,Options then while moving to Role Import i am getting error as shown below.

After Login to CMC>Authentication>SAP-->Role Import

SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM GWHOST=biwdev, GWSERV=sapgw01, SYSNR=01 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR hostname 'biwdev' unknown TIME Wed Jun 08 11:03:00 2011 RELEASE 720 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 40 RC -2 MODULE nixxhl.cpp LINE 183 DETAIL NiHLGetNodeAddr: hostname cached as unknown COUNTER 110

1)Can you please tell me how to solve it?

2)Can you please give me links related to Single Sign On or documents ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

are all transports imported in your SAP Back- End?

Can you ping your SAP Back- End from your BO Server?

With regards to SSO, you can have SSO from your SAP EP to BOBJ or from BOBJ to your SAP Back- End. Check the SAP ITK installation guide.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000559912010E/xi31_sp3_bip_sap_inst_en.pdf

You need a S-User for Login.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seb,

1)are all transports imported in your SAP Back- End?

Except Personalization transport (K900693.r21 and R900693.r21),remaining transports imported successfully.

I want to connect to BI from BOBJ .

2)Can you ping your SAP Back- End from your BO Server?

I am unable to ping BI data from Designer.

The link which you sent not at all working related to SSO.Can you send another One?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

check if have maintained host file:

goto START menu ->Run>Drivers>select the folder by name 'etc'->select and open hosts folder-->check if ur application server is maintained in that .

if that is not maintained ask ur Admin to maintain that .

@Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

The problem got resolved.I have no words to say for your help .So simply awarding the points to you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (0)