cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iview for BOBJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know what is key difference between URL iView and SAP Integration Kit iview template?

I mean from processing point of view...

Generally I think SAP Integration Kit iview template should be used although we have to import the iview and configure the BOE as landscape in Portal etc. But what's the benefit we will be getting by using SAP Integration Kit iview?

What happen if we want to create iview for xcelsius, webi etc in Portal? Any iview to support?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont use SAP Int Kit iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

probably one of the biggest difference is that BO iView is more suitable for CR Report while URL iView you can use for any Reports (webi and so on).

More

- in iView you have to use the CUID.

- in URL View you can use the ID.

Rgds,

Massimo

Edited by: Massimo Cappelli on Jun 8, 2011 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
probably one of the biggest difference is that BO iView is more suitable for CR Report while URL iView you can use for any Reports (webi and so on).

Agree but why you says BO iview is more suitable for CR???

No, we can use the crystal report ID in the BO iview, not the GUID.

And URL iview, we can use both.

0 Kudos

Hi,

i never tried it with the standard URL iView within EP. I would recommend you import the iView templates from the SAP ITK in order to be supported.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so it is true that SAP will not support the use of URL iview. I will use the imported iview then.

What about other report such like webi, xcelsius etc? If I not using URL iview, what iview I can use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

yes of course I mixed them up.

just be aware in case of migration only CUID will be preserverd and not the ID.

Rgds,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

massimo,

yes of course I mixed them up.

Thanks for confirmation

Interesting point. When you says migration, do you mean transport from one environment to another environment? i.e. transport from Dev environment to QA and Production environment.

If this is the case, then we might run into big problem because the SAP Int Kit iview only have report ID option, no GUID option.

Please confirm, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

very big different found using URL iview and SAP Int Kit iview.

Using URL iview, when I execute the report in Portal, I have the same Parameters screen as I see in running report in InfoView.

Using SAP Int Kit iview, when I execute the report in Portal, I have the same Parameters screen as I see in running the report in Crystal Report Designer ->Preview screen!!! This is not correct because the Parameters screen in Cyrstal Report Designer ->Preview screen is not correct!

Is this bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I confirm what I already posted:

I know that SAP Int Kit iview only have report ID that because I informed you upfront.

rgd,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, we SHOULD NOT been using the SAP Int Kit iView, but but the normal URL iView.

This is another limitation from SAP Int Kit between BOBJ and BW!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

with the SAP Integration Kit we ship these iViews as templates.

In order to use these, you havet o import them into your EP as stated in the Guide.

For your case, viewing CR, WebI, Xcelsius Documents, in your EP, impirt the iView templates and use the URL iView.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Yes, I have imported the SAP Int Kit iview. And able to create the new iview based on this template (I have to setup the new BO system in EP though).

So I can display the CR by using is iview.

However, with URL iview, I dont have to import the new iview template and setup the BO in EP.

My question is there any difference between the Int Kit iview and URL iview?

If no difference, must as well we just use the URL iview?

However, I read somewhere that SAP DOES NOT support the customer if they use URL iview???