Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the Retro Caculation

Private_Member_274426
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts..

I want to stop the Retroactive calculation in payroll. I have commented the Sub schema in payroll schema even then if i change in last period then payroll has been accounted but result doesnt effect. I want that if i change in last period even then payroll should not be run for last period. It should be run for current period.

Please Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would totally agree with what have been mentioned before. Just to add something else. If you decide to change Infotype 3 you may use program RPUTRBK0. You run this program before ruuning any payroll to change the date for retroactive in infotype 3 for more than one employee. That is what I would do in case I wouldn't want retroactive.

Kind Regards,

Edoardo

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why would you turn it off? This is one of the best selling points of SAP Payroll over many other payroll products in the market.

I would never recommend turn retro functionality off.....

But if your going my advice, been doing this since 1999 then I will tell you the following so you can leave the schema in tact and close to standard as possible... makes upgrading, applying support packs easier.

1). For starters you should not allow master data changes retrospectively if you don't want payroll to process retro's.

- You can control this with IT003 or the control record is the recommend way.

2). You could also look at turning off the switch on the infotypes for retroactive accounting relevance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Commenting subschema will not help for triggering the retro but ya it will stop the retro calculation.

Another way and even better one is change the earliest retroactive date to the current period so system will even if try to trigger retro it will not be able to do that. Earliest retroactive date stored in IT0003 for individual employee and also stored in payroll control record. System pick minimum of these. Hence changing anyone to your required date will do the required.