Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation and Purchasing Requisition causing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to seek your advise.

It is causing problems in the supply chain that quatations and purchace requisitions is causing production order creation in the workshop at the distribution center and in the SAP factories.

We would really want these two order types/demands isn't valid for the production planning as it is often result in production where orders never are converted.

Questions:

1 - Is it advisable to exclude these two demands (i.e. Quotation/PR) from production point of views? if no, why, what's the reason?

2 - Either Yes or no on question 1, would it be possible to exclude these as demands for production so that only actual orders causes production order creation from the system config?

3 - If question no.1 is "Not advisable", what is the alternative solution to solve our problem (i.e. it is often result in production where orders never are converted).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone know my question? please help.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you refering to Stock Transport Purchase Requisitions ?

If yes, then you can use BADI - MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA, method - CHANGE_MDPSX_MDUA to block ST - PR's from being relevant for planning in the plant you desire.

Provide the above info. for your abaper & he / she can do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek and all,

Yes, thanks but I just want to double confirm about my requirement.

Question

1) I would like to ensure that our Quotation (MM/SD)/ PR (SD derived PR example drop ship, and MM derived PR, example STO PR) to be excluded as demand during MRP run. And the best way is to use the BADI - MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA. Is that correct?

2) Does this BADI- MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA work for exclusion of Quotation as demand as well?

3) Any other way?

Please answer me on the above question form for easy of reader to understand. Thanks very much.

tuffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I would like to ensure that our Quotation (MM/SD)/ PR (SD derived PR example drop ship, and MM derived PR, example STO PR) to be excluded as demand during MRP run. And the best way is to use the BADI - MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA. Is that correct?

Yes the BADI is provided as the exclusion of these demands in planning is not considered as standard & hence the enhancement.

2) Does this BADI- MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA work for exclusion of Quotation as demand as well?

I have written code in this BADI to exclude Stock Transfer PR, but not for quotation so cant speak from experience on that. But I am sure one of the methods in that BADI should cover that. Discuss with your abaper & he / she will let you know which method will cover this need

3) Any other way?

To the best of what I know usage of BADI is the only option to prevent planning of demands coming from STO's. But the other way would be, to work with PO - SO kind of concept i.e. the plant which requires a part from another plant will raise a PO, this will then have to manually entered in the other plant as a SO (But note, creating sales order for plants within same company code will violate some norms in Finance, so check with your FI-CO colleagues)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Is the website that I can read the documentation of this BADI - MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA? please let me know.

Life at stake and Very serious enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BADI itself contains detailed documentation, so go thru' it, will make it clear for you.

Some philosophy:

Your life is worth more than that enhancement so don't take it so seriously, good luck

Answers (0)