cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target price & Target price Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the use of Target price & Target price Indicator in Material Master (Purchasing view).

I have searched a lot in SDN regarding the Target price & Target price Indicator, but no info.

Can you kindly advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

fields belong to IS-OIL area , in particular to SSR (Service Station Retailing)

The target price indicator influences the processing of prices

associated with meter readings.The indicator determines whether

the system checks that the prices received for meter readings

correspond to the target prices or to the invoicing price:

If the prices received always correspond to the the target price,do not

set the indicator.

However, if the

prices always correspond to the invoicing prices,set the indicator in

order to generate price changes if the target price is different from

the invoicing price. In SPRO > Fuels Processing > process

configuration > Define Access profile, you can set target price

indicator.

The usual scenario in SSR is that the oil company send the prices change

to the service station and service station implements new price.

BR

Nadia Orlandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

we are not in oil sector we are in Manufacturing industry(Automobile).

Do suggest.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do one thing to find out those fileld screens programs In material master purchasing view.

SPRO>Logistics - General>Material Master>Configuring the Material Master> Define Structure of Data Screens for Each Screen Sequence

Here you select your industry sector then select data screen later select purchasing as you are able to see target price and target price indicator then select sub screen.

Here you can see screen wise program ,Check the target price and target price indicator program you will get some clue either this one customised or std one.Check with Abap person he will tell you the field advantage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, but not much of help.

My query is what is the use of field TARGET PRICE & Target Price Indicator in Purchasing View of the Material Master.

We dont want to get into much deeper of screen or program level.

For some material the values (in respective currency) has been maintained and for some not.

My client wants to know the reason, why we have maintained value for some of material ( ROH, HALB) and not for others.

Whats it impact and where can we see its impact(whether it effects my cost calculation).

Can you do suggest me on the above lines.

Do revert.

Regards,

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because we are not able to see those fields in our system.If you check these priogram atlease then we will come to know if it is ctom program then they might have provided some text the pur pose of these ones.In web i have searched and me too not able to find the target price and target price indicator.I am not sure is there any reporting purpose or it will update price in some tables while postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target price has general meaning that can be found online:

Target price (Sales and Manufacturing) is the price at which a seller projects that a buyer will buy a product. This projection is reached by market research and calculating the cost to market of the product. In turn, the target price may be used to calculate the target cost for a product.

The easiest measure of target price is to compare the product with similar products of its kind. Sometimes, these may be products sold by the competitor. If one's product is unique in the market, one must rely on market research or even entrepreneurial instincts to determine the target price.

In manufacturing, the target price may be used to calculate the target cost. This is the maximum cost that the seller is willing to pay to have the product manufactured. When the actual cost of manufacturing increases beyond the target cost, it may no longer be profitable for the seller to sell the product. Simply increasing the sales price to cover for the increase in overhead would increase the actual sales price over the intended target price. This may cause lower sales than expected, leading to a loss larger than the increase in overhead.

Thanks,

Gordon

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The values might have been maintained for materials wherein the price of the material might be fluctuating frequently.So the buyer will decide to purchase if the price is below the target price

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think that these are standard fields stored in MARC table

Target Price (MARC TPRCE) & Target Price indicator ( MARC ZZTPRCE_GB)

Do revert.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to find out this field in ECC 6.0 ?

i am thinking either it is in IS or customer specific

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea on our query.

Do revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggest on our query.

Do revert.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one provide some inputs on my requirement.

Do revert.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Any Suggestions.

Do revert.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put F1 in the fields created & check the tables.Check whther they are Ztables.

Are u working in retail project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Am not in retail project.

I have checked F1 and got those fields as mentioned in my earlier mails.

If you have any idea, do suggest the uses of these fields.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone assist me in my requirement.

Do revert.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Target price & Target price Indicator in Material Master (Purchasing view).

I think the 2 fields which u r talking are not in std SAP.These fields are created as per your Customer requirement.

Better u discuss with Functional peoples or ur Developers.They know better for which purpose they added this.

Regards,

Rahul Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how can we create/find a new field(which is already created by the customer) in Material Master.

Do assist.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The fields Target Price (MARC TPRCE) & Target Price indicator ( MARC ZZTPRCE_GB) are not created by customer, its SAP standard field available in MARC table.

Can anyone suggest for what this fields are used for in SAP.

Do suggest.

Regards,