cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Type on a day off

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i was wondering if is possible to book an absence on a day off, i.e. on a saturday or a sunday. The work schedule is created so that Monday to Friday are considered working days and the weekends as day off.

I would like to be able to book an Absence type for X amount of hours on a weekend and have the coresponding action take place. That is if i book a vacation then the quota should be reduced. If i book a paid absence then the employee should get paid for X amount of hours.

Is there any way to do this?

Chirag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patel,

Check the counting rule. check marks should be maintained for Saturday and Sunday.

Then you can book for the absence on the d.offs.

Edited by: ksrinivasibs on Jun 8, 2011 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select Saturday and sunday check box in your countin rule, DWS Class 0 check box, contion for planned hours =0 check box also.

This will count weekend's also.

Rgds,

Lata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you input everyone, but i have already tried all of this and i still can't book hours on a weekend. It just makes the any number i give turn into 0.

My Counting rule has:

- All weekdays checked

- Not a public holiday box checked

- Day type 1: Day off box checked (off/paid)

- Counting Class 0 box checked

- Daily work schedule class 0 box checked

- Both Planned hours = 0 and Planned hours > 0 boxes checked

- Both <1 day and Full-day boxes checked

am i doing something wrong?

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes - follow what I told you and either create a substitution or create daily work schedule variants to populate the work schedule with hours when normally an off day when an absence is entered.

What everyone else is telling you wont work where yo have an absence quota that is in hours. If the absence quota was in days then it would.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

i am aware of the substitution functionality, but i was trying to stay away from it as this is not a one time issue, it could happen to several employees every week. I wanted to do soemthing with less overhead.

Can you explain the variant a litte more please? Basically i want CATS to show Monday to Friday as working days so that when the user selects "Copy Target Hours" it will copy all the hours and leave saturdy and sunday blank. However should they decide to put an absence on a saturday i want the system to accept this.

If the WS variants can do this, can you guide me a little more on it?

Thanks

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By setting up daily work schedule variant CATS will still only copy Mon-Friday target hours.

Under the absence counting section in the IMG there is a node called "Determine Daily Work Schedule Variants for Absence"

--- My Quick guide ---

If you click on the documentation for this node it will give you everything you need to know - there are 4 steps you'll need to perform.

- Check Variants for Daily Work Schedule

- Assign Grouping for Daily Work Schedule Variant

- Create Rules for Daily Work Schedules

- Check Daily Work Schedule Selection Rule

Step 1 - Check Variants for Daily Work Schedule

- Find the 'Off' or 'Free' daily work schedule you use in your PWS, copy it and specify a variant 'X - or whatever you choose' include hours in this daily work schedule variant so the absence has something to count against.

Step 2 - Assign Grouping for Daily Work Schedule Variant

- Select the absence/s you want this variant to be active for - and set the Absence type grouping to determine daily WS variants (View: V_554S_O, Field: ABWRG)

Step 3 - Create Rules for Daily Work Schedules

- Create your rule here, for you ensure you only places X for Saturday and Sunday under weekday column. Make sure you specify the variant from step one 'x for example'. Also important to make sure GrpAtt/Abs has an 'x' for the absence group you assigned against the absences you want to use this variant for (Second step).

Step 4 - Check Daily Work Schedule Selection Rule

- Here you assign the DWS selection rule from step 3 against the 'Off' or 'Free' daily work schedule you copied in step 1.

All going well now when you key and the selected absence on a saturday SAP will use the variant daily work schedule and populate the day with hours, you can then adjust the hours on the day you want it to count.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As I understood, your query is , your weekdays is Mon to Frid and you want to book absence on Weekend (ie. Sat/Sun & P.holiday) so system shuold consider it as absence if you book paid absence so paid else if you book unpaid so LWP.

Please follow the following steps

Check all the days, holiday class & day type in counting rules. ( Planned hours =0 & >0, 1 day full day all)

Similarly, in table V_T554R, define day rules, check all the days, and assign in absence valuation.

Regds,

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That isn't going to work SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clear your doubts:

I was wondering if is possible to book an absence on a day off, i.e. on a saturday or a sunday. The work schedule is created so that Monday to Friday are considered working days and the weekends as day off.

-> DWS is Mon to Fri (working day), Sat & Sun will follows as week off ( 0 hours paid day)

I would like to be able to book an Absence type for X amount of hours on a weekend and have the coresponding action take place.

That is if i book a vacation then the quota should be reduced.

-> Check the counting rules (as suggested by my earlier reply, you would be able to reduce the quota and book absence)

If i book a paid absence then the employee should get paid for X amount of hours.

-> Create a absence type for this (maintain the counting rules as suggested. after donig this create a wage type (payment wage type time unit as Day) come to table V_T554C (absence valuation), assign the wage type also create the day rules V_T554R check all the dates. By doing this, you would be able to pay the amount if you book this absence.

Regds,

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Normally you would create a substitution (IT2003) for the day in question, then the absence will count the hours from the substitution and deduct from the quota appropriately.

Otherwise

You could create a daily work schedule variant, in IMG check 'Determine Daily Work Schedule Variants for Absence'.

1st option would be my recommendation