cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM - Download document does't works in Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

We need your help to fix a issue... We have a list of documents in KM (type - Forms), displayed in the Portal in a drop drow. An option of the list open a Word document (.doc). We checked the url and it's ok, equals to the url of the document...

In Firefox 4 the click open the scream of the download normally. In Internet explorer (IE 6 or IE 😎 doen't works, but open the next error:

u201CThe requested resource is not availableu201D.

Our Netweaver is 7.0, SP 20.

ps.: the file that contains the document have some special characters, like "ç" and "ã". We think Firefox and IE use different types of coding this in url... I changed the name of file, removing special characters and the error 404 doens't appears, but the download screen does't appear too... It's some browser configuration? We flaged UTF-8 too, in IE, and nothing...

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Ana Carolina.

Edited by: Ana Carolina dos Santos on Jun 7, 2011 8:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ana Carolina.

Really, some special characters may cause such a problem.

As a workaround I'd suggest you to not use filenames in the URLs to open Word documents.

To avoid using filename you may open doc's properties from context menu (Details - Settings - Properties - Access Links) and:

1) either change ID of the document and use new Target URL (it will change after Save)

Example:

http://<server:port>/irj/go/km/docs/documents/test_document.doc

2) or use Short ID without any changing.

Example:

http://<server:port>/irj/go/km/docs/guid/40851462-9a73-2e10-f4bb-d1f8222c0458

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer, Mikhail and Alexander.

I've tried the Short ID option (cleaning the caches) and download screen or Error 404 didn't appears.

I've implemented the Note 921657, step by step, but, unfortunately, didn't works too.

Have you any other idea?

Best regards,

Ana Carolina.

Edited by: Ana Carolina dos Santos on Jun 8, 2011 6:38 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I used the Short ID solution, and did not work, apparently. I had tested in IE8. But today, the user had test in IE 6 and the solution worked perfectly. It's enough for now, I just think is strange that the problem persists in IE8.

So, thanks you for your help.

Ana Carolina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana Carolina,

I changed the name of file, removing special characters and the error 404 doens't appears, but the download screen does't appear too

Did you change the real filename or just displayed name in KM? To be safe it is better to reupload files with correct names.

We have a list of documents in KM (type - Forms)

Do you mean a list created in XML Forms Builder? In this case you may try applying a workaround (step 3) described in [ Note 921657 - ReadMore Links in XMLForms containing Unicode|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/921657].

Also you could evaluate the usage of GUID links.

Best regards,

Alexander Zhukau